The Masters Tournament

Just a phenomenal performance by Spieth. Hopefully he'll be a big time player in the game for years to come. The only downside is that it left this year's tournament largely devoid of any drama. It was effectively over on Thursday evening.

Just a phenomenal performance by Spieth. Hopefully he'll be a big time player in the game for years to come. The only downside is that it left this year's tournament largely devoid of any drama. It was effectively over on Thursday evening.

For a runaway, that was pretty darn entertaining. Just about everybody aside from Charlie Hoffman played pretty well in the final 4 groups.

For a runaway, that was pretty darn entertaining. Just about everybody aside from Charlie Hoffman played pretty well in the final 4 groups.

If Spieth had played about 5 shots worse, today would have been epic. Oh well, these kinds of runaways are bound to happen from time to time.

If Spieth had played about 5 shots worse, today would have been epic. Oh well, these kinds of runaways are bound to happen from time to time.

Still though, it was just tight enough to watch through his approach on 15. If he had splashed it on 11, 12, 13 or 15, it would've gotten interesting. Still can't believe he went at the flag on 13 on purpose.

He was hitting out of pine straw and he hit the lip of the straw bed. The impact looked pretty violent.

Oh yeah, I saw the shot. I Was just trying to clarify what exactly he said. Based on what Bill said, that's pretty gnarly.

great win,
spieth was clutch on the greens, he nailed every putt for 4 days, x 17 yesterday and the par putt today on 18
but he was impressive

I'm like 95% certain it was Spieth and I have a co intern who also thinks the same... His first year in the AJGA, he teed off on the first hole then walked straight into the woods to relieve himself. I know one of the players did it for certain. The 95% part is that it was indeed Spieth.

Hole 1 and 18 were the only holes we had a gallery on so everyone was confused. I was sitting in my cart at the 1st green and kept getting radioed to go see what he was up to. His ball was perfectly in the middle of the fairway.

Last edited:
Reminds me of a young Tiger. He looked tired on the back 9 yesterday, but still played 3 under today. Hell of a new up and comer.

Now you have to wonder what Augusta will do to "control scoring" or was the course intentionally set up soft. It could've played much firmer and faster than what it did although the lushness looked nice.

Now you have to wonder what Augusta will do to "control scoring" or was the course intentionally set up soft. It could've played much firmer and faster than what it did although the lushness looked nice.

Thats all on mother nature.

A lot of it was perfect weather and no wind.

A lot of it was perfect weather and no wind.

True but they could've made it much firmer and faster. The greens were kicking up some pretty good pitch marks all week. I just hope they don't go trying to stretch it out any longer than it already is. If anything tighten the fairways and bump that cut up a little. The fact Jordan played and putted lights out might have something to do with it too.

True but they could've made it much firmer and faster. The greens were kicking up some pretty good pitch marks all week. I just hope they don't go trying to stretch it out any longer than it already is. If anything tighten the fairways and bump that cut up a little. The fact Jordan played and putted lights out might have something to do with it too.

According to Tiger, Augusta never even turned on the SubAirs. The members knew what they were doing and didn't care. Augusta isn't the US Open or even the British. It's a difficult golf course that rewards good golf shots and makes you pay for bad ones. Other than going for 15 in two on Sunday, Spieth never tried to gamble too much. He took his punishments when he didn't hit it well off the tee so that he could rebound. They could have made the course tougher and Augusta chose not to. On purpose. I prefer that kind of golf anyway.

VN Store

Back