The Masters Tournament

Saw it and couldn't stop laughing...

As for Spieth, the guy is just fantastic. Can't wait to see what his future holds.

As ridiculous as it was, if you've ever played competitively, there's no way to laugh at that. I've had nightmares that looked like that with the hole moving around.

Reactions: 1 person
The wind was obviously in some of the players' heads (understandably, after my experience at the Bear Trace Cumberland today). Spieth was very impressive in his opening round defending his title. I think Day is going to give him a run, though.

As for Els on 1, any golfer with a heart really hated to see that.

As ridiculous as it was, if you've ever played competitively, there's no way to laugh at that. I've had nightmares that looked like that with the hole moving around.

I laughed because it's something I'd do or have happen to me, and it happened to a pro. Gotta love the game of golf...

Sitting here working with my back to the TV. Wondered why the hell Jon Gruden was being interviewed on The Masters coverage, only to see that it was actually Tom Watson. Very similar voices, although Watson's is definitely a bit more restrained.

What is with the horrible putting this year? Not one or two guys. It's an epidemic.

They're the most 3 puttable greens on earth. It's like putting on your driveway with somebody pointing a leafblower at you. I don't know if you've ever been there to see them putt those greens in person, but it's just flat out treacherous.

I don't remember which golfer said it years ago, but he said that to understand Augusta, putt from the roof of your car and try to stop it on the hood.

I don't remember which golfer said it years ago, but he said that to understand Augusta, putt from the roof of your car and try to stop it on the hood.

It was Gary McCord. He also said that the 8th green looked like they had dead elephants buried under it and lsomebody has snuck out there overnight and greased it with bikini wax.

It was Gary McCord. He also said that the 8th green looked like they had dead elephants buried under it and lsomebody has snuck out there overnight and greased it with bikini wax.

Sounds like something he might have come up with. The "bikini wax" is what did him in with Augusta, iirc.

One of these guys at +1 or better is bound to make a couple of birdies early on the back 9 and make this interesting.

VN Store

Back