The military purge stepping up

TLDR. The real fail here nature clown is you necro’ed a year plus old post that triggered your unintelligent ass and used it to stupidly expound on the virtues of a woman shown to be an opportunistic piece of trash🤡
You really know how to make friends on here lol

True but I think military pay has gotten to a livable amount these days. Just like in civilian life bad decisions are expensive.
I have a SIL that's in the Army National Guard full time, and I was amazed when he mentioned that they got over $1800/month for a housing allowance here in the Knoxville area.

We mourn the passing this morning of Medal of Honor recipient Woody Williams. He received the Medal for repeated acts of heroism on Iwo Jima. He was our last living Medal of Honor recipient from World War II. Rest In Peace, Sir.

FWbpI9mWIAIS1eV

What did they do and how do those skills relate to the job? Just saying they served means nothing without details

But you did tell me to educate myself on something you know nothing about. I've been Donjo'd
There are careers in IT, Supply, Logistics, Accounting, Legal, Human Resources, and Administrative for example. Someone who was in the military for 20 years or even 4 to 8 and actually WORKED in those fields should have no problem finding employment in those career fields when they get out. Unfortunately many do have trouble and face discrimination when applying for many of those positions. Mainly because many civilian employers and hiring managers are often ignorant and stuck in their old, outdated ways.

There are careers in IT, Supply, Logistics, Accounting, Legal, Human Resources, and Administrative for example. Someone who was in the military for 20 years or even 4 to 8 and actually WORKED in those fields should have no problem finding employment in those career fields when they get out. Unfortunately many do have trouble and face discrimination when applying for many of those positions. Mainly because many civilian employers and hiring managers are often ignorant and stuck in their old, outdated ways.
Yes, those are called skills which I mentioned several times. People who gained actual skills will get hired. People who chose not to will struggle. That's how jobs work. Very few of any will have trouble getting hired if they're qualified. Jobs in the specific areas you mentioned are all over the place

Very few, if any, Fortune 500 companies have hiring managers as you described in your last sentence

Between base pay, BAH and separate rats that E-5 stationed in Norfolk with 4 years service makes almost $63K per year now. Not bad for someone in their early 20s without a specialized degree.

First off, you replied twice to the same email. A first for me, is there a prize?

Second, not getting the basis for wanting to argue that our military shouldn't be paid more. Tough job, done well, I don't get this. Plus you've said things that made me think you have served as well. Explain please.

First off, you replied twice to the same email. A first for me, is there a prize?

Second, not getting the basis for wanting to argue that our military shouldn't be paid more. Tough job, done well, I don't get this. Plus you've said things that made me think you have served as well. Explain please.

I don’t have a problem with more pay for our military, I was just pointing out that the pay is a hell of a lot better and closer to the civilian market than it ever has been.

Yes, those are called skills which I mentioned several times. People who gained actual skills will get hired. People who chose not to will struggle. That's how jobs work. Very few of any will have trouble getting hired if they're qualified. Jobs in the specific areas you mentioned are all over the place

What is the first thing you look for when assessing someone’s “skills”? I bet it’s a piece of paper.

Reactions: DonjoVol
I don’t have a problem with more pay for our military, I was just pointing out that the pay is a hell of a lot better and closer to the civilian market than it ever has been.
The pay in the military should be equivalent to or more than the civilian market.

Then explain why many veterans are still getting passed over in the interview and hiring processes. When many already have the necessary skills, qualifications and more importantly the experience. Plus many are now getting their degrees or finishing much of it while they are in.

The stereotypes still exist and you are outright denying it.

Then explain why many veterans are still getting passed over in the interview and hiring processes. When many already have the necessary skills, qualifications and more importantly the experience. Plus many are now getting their degrees or finishing much of it while they are in.

The stereotypes still exist and you are outright denying it.

Where's your proof veterans are still getting passed over?

And for the record, I passed over one myself yesterday for a program manager position. He just wasn't a good fit.

Where's your proof veterans are still getting passed over?

And for the record, I passed over one myself yesterday for a program manager position. He just wasn't a good fit.
How was he not a good "fit"? More than likely you are looking for someone who is exactly like the previous person in that position. Unless it's a new position then you are looking for someone like yourself.

There are multiple examples of this occurring and has been going on for years. Plus only 7% of the population are veterans. Which means even less are available for the workforce due to many being retired. Then you take the discrimination many face in the job market on top of that. That sounds like a problem to me.

That's a fair statement.

But in the civilian world (and never before in our history has this happened, but ir did in Iraq/Afghanistan) you don't have to go into 1 year combat deployments 5-6 times over ten years. They should be compensated for that.

When I was at UT as an undergrad in the mid-70's, a professor in one of our accounting classes told us that the two highest paid men at the Alcoa aluminum complex in Alcoa were not the plan managers but two men, both black, who were making $125k a year for working in a single area where the temps averaged 120 degrees. They were told that they would die in their 50's from the physical stress, but it was worth it to them to be able to make that kind of money for their families.

My point is the civilian world would pay someone taking combat risks much more than the government does.

VN Store

Back