The military purge stepping up

I'm horrible

I know, how dare you think a vet needs transition time. Why would a person accustomed to smoking the piss out of a subordinate and using some of the most creative cursing know to humanity while correcting mistakes need acclimatization to the civilian world?

Reactions: tntar heel
And you are the first person to have questioned my veteran status. By the way, you did it to me first. So as far as I'm concerned I can do it right back. So how about not getting butthurt when someone uses your own tactics back at you.

And like I said. Being on Volnation isn't a good use of company time.

Well, you've either:

A) never served

B) never been in talent sourcing

C) never worked with veterans that don't have a good transition time from military to civilian work

D) all of the above

Reactions: TRUEFANVol
I know, how dare you think a vet needs transition time. Why would a person accustomed to smoking the piss out of a subordinate and using some of the most creative cursing know to humanity while correcting mistakes need acclimatization to the civilian world?
Not every person who served is like that. Way to apply a stereotype again.

People like yourself really need to grow up and get out of your outdated mindset.

Obviously, they don't...

Well, you've either:

A) never served

B) never been in talent sourcing

C) never worked with veterans that don't have a good transition time from military to civilian work

D) all of the above
There you go again questioning someone else's service. Is this the type of tactics you resort to when you are losing an argument with someone? Says a whole lot about your character.

I have served and I have been responsible for hiring people as well.

There shouldn't be a transition time if that veteran already has the necessary skills. Plus many are able to now obtain their bachelor's or associates degree while they are in. So at that point many will already have the skills, qualifications and sometimes the education in the field they are working in. So why is it necessary to have a transition time in those cases?

First year I was in I thought how do they get expect us to get anything done spending most of the day in the front leaning rest.
My first year in was the absolute best and most memorable. Reconnected with two of my friends recently from that first year. Very fond memories of the time I spent in Japan. Was there for over 3 years. They would actually give us Monday off to watch the Super Bowl due to the time change. One Super Bowl I was deployed aboard ship. They wouldn't tell us the score. A tape of the game was sent to the ship and they broadcasted it later. It was the Falcons- Broncos Super Bowl. I also was not able to watch the Vols National Championship live. However they didn't treat that game like the Super Bowl and just announced the score the next day. My mom recorded it though and mailed me the VHS tape so I got to watch it a few weeks later. I still have that VHS tape too.

Is there such a thing as an HR professional? Most of the ones I knew in my working career weren't qualified to hire a general laborer and were scared of their own shadow to make a decision for fear of a lawsuit. It takes someone with technical knowledge to hire someone for a technical job, and almost any job as far as that goes.
We both dealt largely with HR representatives. An actual HR professional is worth their weight in gold.

VN Store

Back