The New War On Terror

Definition of insurrection

: an act or instance of revolting against civil authority or an established government

139813704_10215811742605447_9216676053273422396_n.jpg

"The violent riot in Washington D.C. on January 6, 2021 was a direct assault on the U.S. Capitol building and our Constitutional process. We witnessed actions inside the Capitol building that were inconsistent with the rule of law. The rights of freedom of speech and assembly do not give anyone the right to resort to violence, sedition, and insurrection. We support and defend the Constitution. Any act to disrupt the Constitutional process is not only against our traditions, values, and oath; it is against the law." memo, signed by all the members of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

"As members of the military, we fought to defend our constitutionally guaranteed right to free speech. But the attack against the U.S. Capitol on January 6th was not about free speech, it was an insurrection." Mick Mulroy, USMC retired and Eric Oehlerich, USN SEAL retired

By using your clarification, the summer of 2020 protests, violence, riots, destruction of government property and assaults against LE are to be considered an act of insurrection as well.

By using your clarification, the summer of 2020 protests, violence, riots, destruction of government property and assaults against LE are to be considered an act of insurrection as well.

Sure, a violent riot might be considered an insurrection. But the purpose of most riots is more limited than overturning a national election, although we do see calls for mayors to resign. Can't we agree that when it is an attack on the Capitol during the joint session of Congress counting Electoral College votes, that is far more serious than attacking a Burger King? The January 6 mob in D.C. attacked one of three branches of the United States government, our Congress, in a joint session to perform Constitutionally mandated duties. Those rioters violated federal felonies of the very serious variety.

Last edited:
Sure, a violent riot is an insurrection. Can't we agree that when it is an attack on the Capitol during the joint session of Congress counting the Electoral College votes, that is far more serious than a Burger King.

No, we can't agree that it's more serious. I value the private enterprise and property that is the BK more than I do the capitol building and those elected to work there.

BREAKING: 2 National Guard members removed from Biden inauguration
Two U.S. Army National Guard members are being removed from the security mission to secure Joe Biden’s presidential inauguration. A U.S. Army official and a senior U.S. intelligence official say the two National Guard members have been found to have ties to fringe right-group militias.

Yet no plot against Biden was found. You guys are now going Q. Just another tactic employed by dictators.

If and when they commit violence, absolutely.

ANTIFA is more of a movement than organization, and I agree in principle of Anti Fascism. But, they're too far left for my taste, and their methods can be terrorist like.

BLM - unlike Proud Boys and the other fascist groups - has a cause rooted in civil equality. Seeking that is hardly terrorism, per se, quite the opposite, but violence is not the answer.
whataboutism. if if if....

What's really funny is that antifa is the very definition of a fascist organization. It's hilarious.

And BLM... how pathetic.
https://nypost.com/2020/06/25/blm-co-founder-describes-herself-as-trained-marxist/
Video surfaces of Black Lives Matter founder saying, "We are trained Marxists"

That's different.

Reactions: AM64
That's exactly what many have been talking about, glad you own it. Al qaeda and Trump supporters are the same, am I right?
To compare right wingers to terrorists is just laughable. Even for you. Just a hack
Who's comparing them? I just asked a simple question. I was happy to answer when it was turned on me.
I'm just trying to establish a baseline - one which is obvious but you guys desperately wish to avoid.

Who's comparing them? I just asked a simple question. I was happy to answer when it was turned on me.
I'm just trying to establish a baseline - one which is obvious but you guys desperately wish to avoid.
Don't be afraid to own it.

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back