The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

There are definitely situations where the bunt is the best option.

If first or third basemen are playing back on you, you damn sure better be bunting to bring them up and keep them honest.

Idk as much about the college level but for pro ball? Never bunt unless it’s the pitcher

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
Idk as much about the college level but for pro ball? Never bunt unless it’s the pitcher

I'm not a fan of the sacrifice bunt, except in late game, close game situations, and even then you better have a competent bunter to execute it or don't even try.

But I am all for using bunting as a weapon to keep the defensive positioning honest and to get base hits when the defense is giving them to you. Again, you have to be a competent bunter to bother with it. The problem with. bunting is that so often the player has no clue what to do. Even professionals. It's a lost art. When you see someone who really knows what they're doing, it makes a huge difference in your view of bunting in general. It can be a terrific weapon in the right hands.

Nkamhoua apparently did well playing for Finland. I think that the two incoming freshmen post players are certainly talented, but Nkamhoua may get more playing time than many have anticipated.
Regardless, the Vols should more frontcourt talent than any previous Barnes team, IMO.

Nkamhoua apparently did well playing for Finland. I think that the two incoming freshmen post players are certainly talented, but Nkamhoua may get more playing time than many have anticipated.
Regardless, the Vols should more frontcourt talent than any previous Barnes team, IMO.
Right now I’ll take GW, Admiral (played the 4 regularly) and Alexander over our upcoming post group. Hope at the end of the season this group moves to the front

Reactions: Vol49er
Right now I’ll take GW, Admiral (played the 4 regularly) and Alexander over our upcoming post group. Hope at the end of the season this group moves to the front
Well, yeah, I don't think it's quite so bold to say you'd take a 2x SEC POY, a 2x All-SEC player, and a Center who has gotten some good run in the G-League over a handful of unknown hopefuls.

I doubt you'd look at the recruiting profiles and offer lists prior to stepping on campus and make that same claim. Hindsight is incredibly beneficial in that hypothetical scenario.

Well, yeah, I don't think it's quite so bold to say you'd take a 2x SEC POY, a 2x All-SEC player, and a Center who has gotten some good run in the G-League over a handful of unknown hopefuls.

I doubt you'd look at the recruiting profiles and offer lists prior to stepping on campus and make that same claim. Hindsight is incredibly beneficial in that hypothetical scenario.
Seems like a fairly reasoned take to me when someone claims 2 freshmen and a little used junior are our most talented front court ever, but hey JMO

VN Store

Back