The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

I'm guessing this model assumes SV/ JJJ will continue their same/ or improve their production. Will that be possible without KC? He made life really easy for SV.
If we get Collins then I think there will still be a multitude of opportunities for SV to be open off of penetration

Edit: got BTO’d

I'm guessing this model assumes SV/ JJJ will continue their same/ or improve their production. Will that be possible without KC? He made life really easy for SV.
I believe his model uses player comps to model projected efficiency. Then I think it uses that to predict minutes/usage relative to the other players on the roster. So no, I don't think it is sophistcated enough to consider specific scenarios, but when coming up with a comp projection those players certainly have different scenarios that impacted their efficiency year to year. Basically becomes a general baseline to go off of.

Reactions: johnfnkelly
It’s interesting how Tennessee might be flying under the radar next year. Much of the talk about 2023 projections in the SEC has been about Kentucky, and SO many are high on the potential of Arkansas.

It will be interesting to see how it all unfolds. Much of it will be decided upon Collins and Phiillips decisions. I have a feeling Arkansas is going to be in for a letdown season sooner rather than later. Replacing nearly an entire roster year after year means that eventually you’re going to have some pieces that just don’t fit.

I see a lot of early Top 5 projections for the Hawgs by pundits, but I would not be surprised if all this talent they are bringing in struggles to gel.

Reactions: berryvol
It’s interesting how Tennessee might be flying under the radar next year. Much of the talk about 2023 projections in the SEC has been about Kentucky, and SO many are high on the potential of Arkansas.

It will be interesting to see how it all unfolds. Much of it will be decided upon Collins and Phiillips decisions. I have a feeling Arkansas is going to be in for a letdown season sooner rather than later. Replacing nearly an entire roster year after year means that eventually you’re going to have some pieces that just don’t fit.

I see a lot of early Top 5 projections for the Hawgs by pundits, but I would not be surprised if all this talent they are bringing in struggles to gel.
Arkansas got a lot of hype this past year too. It really wasn't until well into SEC play when they knocked off a stumbling Auburn team at home which lit a spark with them. Weren't we projected to finish 4th in the SEC?

Arkansas got a lot of hype this past year too. It really wasn't until well into SEC play when they knocked off a stumbling Auburn team at home which lit a spark with them. Weren't we projected to finish 4th in the SEC?

I think so. I believe it was Alabama, Kentucky, Arkansas, Tennessee, and then Auburn as the Top 5 in that order pre-season.

Yeah, it took some time for Arkansas to find their mojo this year, and I suspect it could be the same in 2023. I just think that there is going to come a time (maybe this season) where they never do find their mojo. Similar to the 2020 Kentucky team that had a TON of talent and went 9-16. I don’t think Arkansas will ever do anything that extreme, but sometimes when you bring in a bunch of 5-star recruits AND coveted transfers all in the same class, you’re going to have a bunch of egos wanting to touch the ball and get their shots. The Muss Bus is going to have his work cut out for him this year.

I think so. I believe it was Alabama, Kentucky, Arkansas, Tennessee, and then Auburn as the Top 5 in that order pre-season.

Yeah, it took some time for Arkansas to find their mojo this year, and I suspect it could be the same in 2023. I just think that there is going to come a time (maybe this season) where they never do find their mojo. Similar to the 2020 Kentucky team that had a TON of talent and went 9-16. I don’t think Arkansas will ever do anything that extreme, but sometimes when you bring in a bunch of 5-star recruits AND coveted transfers all in the same class, you’re going to have a bunch of egos wanting to touch the ball and get their shots. The Muss Bus is going to have his work cut out for him this year.

This is in the back of my mind too, but with how much NBA experience Musselman has I'm sure egos are nothing like they are in the pros. He's straight up dropped some transfers from consideration when they started asking him questions about how many shots they'd get if they went to Arkansas.

I can see Nick Smith being the volume shot taker but most of the other guys are being brought in for rebounding, defense or facilitating. Just like last year Notae was really the only one that was focused on getting shots up constantly.

Yeah, I think he's also not accounting for SOS. Not likely Key's ORTG translates equally to the SEC, though I think he's still be quite good.

I figured that out after I clicked.

TN QB’s are from all over.

Peyton - LA
Tee - Mobile
T Rob - Florida
Ainge - Oregon
Condredge - Alabama
Casey, Tyler Bray, Alatorre - California
Heath, Crompton, Streater - NC
Dewey, Dobbs, Bobby Scott - GA (I think Bubba Wyche also)
Jeff Francis - Illinois
Alan Cockrell - Joplin, MO
AK - Rhea County
Doc Rudder - Bearden
Todd Helton - Central
Jerry Colquit - Oak Ridge
Sterling Hinton - I don’t remember
Darryl Dickey - Gainesville/Knoxville/Colorado
Charlie Fulton - Knoxville(?)
Pat Ryan - Oklahoma
Jeff Olszewski - Ohio (?)
Guarantano - New Jersey (?)
Hooker/Milton (?)
Bill/Johnny Majors - Lynchburg
Sterling from Passaic, NJ.

Reactions: Thunder Good-Oil
Only thing I see mentioning that was a Clemson site article....written on April 1st.
That’s where I saw it. Looks like it’s a fake though, which isn’t surprising. I found it really hard to believe I’d miss something like that for a kid who I really like as a player.

I only read the headline and the opening statement. Reading further, this statement should have been a dead giveaway; ”Hall’s decision to transfer to a school as dismal as South Carolina left us shocked” , a Clemson Athletics representative said in a statement. “It’s his loss for becoming a Gamecock and leaving a school as great as Clemson is.”[/] 😆

My bad, folks.

Since Kos and Kas are triggered that this is in the Phillips thread, here’s a copy for the off topic thread (you’re welcome):

TN QB’s are from all over.

Peyton - LA
Tee - Mobile
T Rob - Florida
Ainge - Oregon
Condredge - Alabama
Casey, Tyler Bray, Alatorre - California
Heath, Crompton, Streater - NC
Dewey, Dobbs, Bobby Scott - GA (I think Bubba Wyche also)
Jeff Francis - Illinois
Alan Cockrell - Joplin, MO
AK - Rhea County
Doc Rudder - Bearden
Todd Helton - Central
Jerry Colquit - Oak Ridge
Sterling Hinton - I don’t remember
Darryl Dickey - Gainesville/Knoxville/Colorado
Charlie Fulton - Knoxville(?)
Pat Ryan - Oklahoma
Jeff Olszewski - Ohio (?)
Guarantano - New Jersey (?)