The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

2008-2009 for me, that was Billy's last season, UK didn't even make the NCAAT and they came into TBA and whipped us by almost 20. Legend has it if you are outside TBA very late at night and listen very carefully, you can hear Jodie Meeks hit another shot.

Going into that game they were 12-4 and we were 10-4 and they had 5 NBA players on that roster. But yeah Meeks going off was something else that game!

His highest 3PT made and shot, his highest points in a game, his highest FTs made and attempted...easily the best game of his entire college career.

That would actually be a good idea, how long after the game ends before they do the radio show?

The radio show begins courtside and over the PA as soon as the band finishes playing the TN Waltz and Jarnigan announces the scoring by player over the PA. So usually it starts about the same time that radio comes out of their commercial break. About 5 minutes after the final buzzer. Bob and Bert talk for the first segment. Then after a commercial break Barnes comes out for two segments. Then a player comes out for one. Then Bob does a short recap and it’s all done about 40-45 minutes after the game has ended. The shuttle buses run for about an hour or an hour and a half after the game.

Reactions: supersmo18
Going into that game they were 12-4 and we were 10-4 and they had 5 NBA players on that roster. But yeah Meeks going off was something else that game!

His highest 3PT made and shot, his highest points in a game, his highest FTs made and attempted...easily the best game of his entire college career.

Yeah I forgot at that point in the season they weren't at "suck" yet but we were still favored to win. The loss was worse after the season played. Plus that whole season for us was weird.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
We really need to try and go 4-0, but no worse than 3-1. We need to feast on this lighter part of the schedule to build some margin for error in February. Outside of their game against Arkansas tonight, I don’t think there is another game Alabama has a chance at losing until February 11 at Auburn the game before they travel to Knoxville. So, we need to keep pace.
4-0 would really be a needle mover, 2 road games against mid level SEC teams plus home victory over Kentucky, go 4-0 and there’s a solid chance we are #1 or #2 heading into the Texas game.

Also, don’t look now but barttorvik has updated to now show us going 28-3(17-1), that’s pretty wild.

4-0 would really be a needle mover, 2 road games against mid level SEC teams plus home victory over Kentucky, go 4-0 and there’s a solid chance we are #1 or #2 heading into the Texas game.

Also, don’t look now but barttorvik has updated to now show us going 28-3(17-1), that’s pretty wild.

Yeah, I don’t think it will be easy to go 4-0, and I kind of expect 3-1. But, if the goal is to win the regular season this Alabama team feels a lot like last year’s Auburn team and I don’t know if we can afford to lose more than 2 games if we want a chance to win.

Reactions: berryvol
Yeah, I don’t think it will be easy to go 4-0, and I kind of expect 3-1. But, if the goal is to win the regular season this Alabama team feels a lot like last year’s Auburn team and I don’t know if we can afford to lose more than 2 games if we want a chance to win.
Yea, at this point 15-3 seems like low end of what winning it outright will take, could very well be 16-2. Hoping Alabama loses tonight against Arkansas, would create some early wiggle room.

So next 4 game stretch

vs Kentucky (10-6)
at Mississippi State (12-3)
at LSU (12-3)
vs Georgia (11-4)

I'd say the Mississippi State bulldogs will be the toughest test of the 4, but if we're not focused every game we could be in some tight contest and lose.
All that's true, but 8-0 in the SEC is a very real possibility. In fact, I'm calling it right now, Vols go 8-0 to start the SEC

Yeah tonight's games will be fun. Bama at Arkansas at 7, then A&M and Missouri at 8:30 (A&M is undefeated in SEC play so far, this will be a good chance to see if they are legit or not.

Well, A&M lost to Colorado so they couldn’t possibly be… oops, never mind! 😑

What's crazy to me...this Kentucky team hasn't got great size.

Oscar - 6'9"
Toppin = 6'9"
Reeves, Wallace = 6'4"
Wheeler = 5'10"
Fredrick = 6'3"
Livingston = 6'6"

We have 4 guys 6'8" or taller in our regular rotation. And thus far the two teams that gave us the most fits (Arizona & Vandy) both had at least one really good 7' big.
Tshiebwe gives everyone fits

So next 4 game stretch

vs Kentucky (10-6)
at Mississippi State (12-3)
at LSU (12-3)
vs Georgia (11-4)

I'd say the Mississippi State bulldogs will be the toughest test of the 4, but if we're not focused every game we could be in some tight contest and lose.
MSU and UGA are playing right now and they both look terrible. Neither looks to have a plan. They both just dribble into the lane and a scrum erupts

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Brown scored 10 in the first 5 minutes, looked like he might go for 40 but ended up with 12. Must have gotten into foul trouble? Hold him in check and Mizzu is pretty average

Well…A&M sure looked legit tonight!

Maybe Missouri is just not that good?
Not sure why anyone would’ve thought Missouri was very good? They beat a super inconsistent Illinois team that had their own internal drama going on, beat Kentucky at home but we’ve also since learned that Kentucky just sucks. They barely squeaked by Vanderbilt and lost to an Arkansas team that isn’t very good either.

Brown scored 10 in the first 5 minutes, looked like he might go for 40 but ended up with 12. Must have gotten into foul trouble? Hold him in check and Mizzu is pretty average
I’ve watched Mizzou pretty closely this year. Their system is light years different from Cuonzo’s system. They are fast-paced, high-energy, and have been high-scoring most games. It’s certainly more fun to watch for their fans. I think they will score a bunch of points at times, much more so than in the past, and will get more wins than predicted. They also will, and have so far, given up much more defensively. Gates has made this team much more fun to watch, and a better team.

Not sure why anyone would’ve thought Missouri was very good? They beat a super inconsistent Illinois team that had their own internal drama going on, beat Kentucky at home but we’ve also since learned that Kentucky just sucks. They barely squeaked by Vanderbilt and lost to an Arkansas team that isn’t very good either.
Sadly, it seems the SEC is very down this year. Its us and Alabama and then all the rest. Seems like we will need to go 16-2 and maybe 17-1 to win the SEC like @TheMookieMonster had already suggested.

Reactions: berryvol
Sadly, it seems the SEC is very down this year. Its us and Alabama and then all the rest. Seems like we will need to go 16-2 and maybe 17-1 to win the SEC like @TheMookieMonster had already suggested.

It would be just our luck that the year after Auburn goes 15-3 and almost gets a 1-seed, our very elite 2022-2023 squad has to battle an Alabama team likely to get a 1-seed that is going 16-2. Hope I am wrong! Need some help from the rest of the league, but I’m starting to think the SEC kind of sucks this year.

VN Store

Back