The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

I also believe that very good teams have to learn how to win ugly. When the basket is capped off, how do you beat good teams, or really good teams in those situations? There is a formula, and I think this team has the identity to do that.

Just a thought, but I wonder if the boys will have just a little extra motivation on Saturday? Cason was a lock for here until Kentucky came in at the last minute. Would have to think they want to make him regret that decision.

Just a thought, but I wonder if the boys will have just a little extra motivation on Saturday? Cason was a lock for here until Kentucky came in at the last minute. Would have to think they want to make him regret that decision.
Can't imagine the players particularly care a 5* kid chose UK over UT unless he silently committed and lied to the players, which I doubt he did. In this day and age it's all business to the players.

Competitively speaking, I'd venture to guess he already regrets it.

Reactions: walkenvol
I doubt it considering he’s said multiple times that UK was his dream school growing up.

I think the idea of playing for Kentucky was his dream, sure. But in your dreams, things typically go a lot better than they have for UK, this year, which is why I was clear to note it as competitively speaking. And maybe Wallace doesn't care because he's getting paid.

Reactions: VolFreakJosh
Ron Slay losing his mind calling for Nkamhoua being SEC POY...that would be no less than shocking.

If we only judged Olivier in games against weak opponents then sure. I have to see him show up against Arky, Bama, etc to even consider that. I don't know if we'll have a SEC POY candidate other than maybe Santi if he continues scoring in double figures and we finish top 2 in the league.

A healthy JJJ could have been a dark horse.

I would imagine at his current pace Brandon Miller is the overwhelming favorite to win it.

I was going to say "You know Ron's not crazy" but then I did the stats...and I'm not even sure if SEC POY only cares about what ya do in the SEC or not...but that's what I looked at

Through 3 games:

13 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 1.3 apg

Not really POY material, if he plays every game like he did against South Carolina, sure sign me up.

Now Santi....better case to be made imo

16 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 2.3 apg, 2 spg and shooting 47.6% from 3

Honestly, if Kentucky lost to South Carolina I think that might be bad for us. Last thing I want is a pissed off and embarrassed Kentucky coming to Knoxville. At some point the talent on their team is going to put it together….

VN Store

Back