The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

I'm just glad we won. People wonder why I'm so for Auburn to suck, and it's because of games like today. The usual suspects come crawling out like cockroaches and start s*** talking our own team with crap like 'BRUCE DOMINATING" and "BRUCE OWNS BARNES".

I root for Aubun to lose pretty much every game. Eff Bruce Pearl.

I'm just glad we won. People wonder why I'm so for Auburn to suck, and it's because of games like today. The usual suspects come crawling out like cockroaches and start s*** talking our own team with crap like 'BRUCE DOMINATING" and "BRUCE OWNS BARNES".

Right on brother

Watching the bama game and at halftime they said Kansas has shot 26% from 3 in their 5 losses. Also threw out a stat I can’t remember about them playing awful when Jalen Wilson doesn’t score 20+. All that to say, we aren’t the only team in the 1-2 seed area struggling with ice cold shooting nights.

I have forgiven the guy but what he did to get fired from UT was just plain stupid. Own it a minor secondary but no, double-down with damning evidence. DUMB. Go to Auburn and fit right in with that culture. Bet he and Freeze have some raging parties, Pearl brings the Q and Freeze brings the entertainment.

Purdue's new commercial is excellent. Forget classroom footage, which could be filmed at basically every school in the country, and a whole bunch of feel good words about what the world needs. A commercial markets your school, and in Purdue's case showcasing basketball makes a bunch of sense in terms of eliciting enrollment.

Tennessee should go back to this commercial, which is 100x better than the generic garbage we have now interspersed with a few campus and game snippets.

I liked that commercial as well

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
I have forgiven the guy but what he did to get fired from UT was just plain stupid. Own it a minor secondary but no, double-down with damning evidence. DUMB. Go to Auburn and fit right in with that culture. Bet he and Freeze have some raging parties, Pearl brings the Q and Freeze brings the entertainment.

Pearl was stupid and had no reason to lie over a damn BBQ.

Also throwing his assistants under the bus on top of that.

He embarrassed himself and dug his own grave here.

It’s basketball, my motto has always been there are no bad wins and no good losses.

Texas was a big emotional win, team put a lot into winning that one for Barnes. The letdown cost us the Florida game. Can’t let it linger more.

SEC officials are awful and we’ll see more defenses take advantage of the way things aren’t called and our smaller guards. This is when JJJ, ON, Julian, Uros and even Awaka should take advantage.

I really don't even have anything against the guy, but I made it clear if he came back to coaching at an SEC school then I'd hope he failed. If he left Auburn and went to a B10 school or P12 or even a place like Memphis, I probably wouldn't care as much. But being at Auburn, we have to play him at least 1 time a year.

Crazy place today. Nice win and thought we looked significantly better than auburn even though neither team really made any shots.

Glad to see us pull out an ugly win. May be wrong, but feel like we’re 2-2 when our offense is really off, which is kinda impressive imo. W’s today and against Maryland with losses to Florida and Kentucky.

Not many teams are able to win today, but we took significantly better shots today than auburn and won in spite of the shooting slump

Sheesh. I was scared to look, but I knew I had to….after that one, single game we fell from #41 to #64 in AdjO on KenPom. Gotta get that fixed in a hurry if we want to make a March run.

Reactions: berryvol
We now have the third most wins of any Barnes team at Tennessee (19, behind last year (27) and 2018-19 (31)) and the second most ranked wins (4, behind last year’s team’s 7)

4th most. The Vols also went 26-9 in 2017-2018, lost in the 2nd round to the fighting Sister Jeans.

Reactions: Vol49er
Pearl was stupid and had no reason to lie over a damn BBQ.

Also throwing his assistants under the bus on top of that.

He embarrassed himself and dug his own grave here.
Aaron Craft wasn’t even that great of a player either. Solid collegiate athlete but nothing special.

It’s also getting annoying watching SV get fouled a lot and it hardly gets called.

Shoved out of bounds on that pass and the officials just stand there looking stupid.

SEC Officiating is just flat out awful.
I think sometimes he doesn’t get some of the calls because of how he tries selling them. He did get pushed and was going out of bounds but he then proceeded to flop into the bench. Still a foul, referees have to call it.

Did anyone see Johni Broome follow the officials into the southwest concourse after the game? He was going after them until a security guard intervened in the tunnel.

Did anyone see Johni Broome follow the officials into the southwest concourse after the game? He was going after them until a security guard intervened in the tunnel.

For realz? I guess it isn’t too surprising that Bruce has some shady characters on his team, but wow. That’s a really bad look.

The great irony in the ending of the game is that it may have been called a foul if Green hadn’t acted like a grenade went off at his feet. If he had come straight down and hit ORN then he would’ve had a decent shot of a foul being called.

VN Store

Back