The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Bruce went after the refs after the game ended. After barking at them for about 10 seconds he had to go to the back of the handshake line.

When he entered TBA just before tip off, instead of going to the Auburn bench, he shook every hand and hugged all of the wives on Millionaire Row. It was a sad display and a really bad look for Barn. He really wants his UT job back.

Reactions: cardvolfan
For realz? I guess it isn’t too surprising that Bruce has some shady characters on his team, but wow. That’s a really bad look.
Yes, he went past the UT players and was following the officials with his hands raised. Followed them about halfway through the entrance tunnel and a big security guard pushed him back and away.

Reactions: BisonVol
I hope that the Barn web people put Bruce’s post game radio show in a streaming archive. It was hilarious watching him wave his arms and pointing to the spot of the last shot/no call.

Best performance by the UT students: something like “Bruce is sweaty”.

Bruce looked like a gorilla on the sideline all game. Waving his arms and stomping around.

Bruce went after the refs after the game ended. After barking at them for about 10 seconds he had to go to the back of the handshake line.

When he entered TBA just before tip off, instead of going to the Auburn bench, he shook every hand and hugged all of the wives on Millionaire Row. It was a sad display and a really bad look for Barn. He really wants his UT job back.
Knowing a few minor players around the AU program, I truly don’t believe he would come back here. And the reason is the same reason he shook all their hands first. Bruce is a schmoozer that loves everyone to be worshipping him at all times. He has that more in auburn than he will anywhere else. Small town and they’ve turned to hoops more than ever with BP’s success and the football team’s struggles. He is a god in auburn more than he would be here or anywhere else not named Duke. He’s never leaving.

Last edited:
Idk why everybody is prefacing posts with “On the bright side,”. We won! Yes it was ugly, but we won! Against a ranked auburn team! This would’ve been win of the year through plenty of prior seasons
It’s pretty simple. I don’t think anyone on the team is completely satisfied with how they won tonight and I think it’d be silly to not acknowledge it was ugly. Saying “on the bright side” is simply acknowledging a positive thing. No BVS here.

Knowing a few minor players around the AU program, I truly don’t believe he would come back here. And the reason is the same reason he shook all their hands first. Bruce is a schmoozer that loves everyone to be worshipping him at all times. He has that more in auburn than he will anywhere else. Small town and they’ve turned to hoops more than ever with BP’s success and the football team’s struggles. He is a god in auburn more than he would be here or anywhere else not named Duke. He’s never leaving.

Idk….we have a pretty large contingent of our fanbase that worship at the feet of Lord Bruce. Feels pretty godlike to me to have fans of an opposing school cheer for you. I think he would come back 😂

Seth Davis has the Vols at #4 this week

Men's college basketball rankings: Who's No. 1, Houston or Purdue?

• I anticipated dropping Tennessee more than I did, but the Volunteers’ dominating win over Texas on Jan. 28 got even better last week when the Longhorns beat Baylor at home and Kansas State on the road. Tennessee lost at Florida, and though it looked awful in beating Auburn at home on Saturday, it did win the game. (I still see no case for ranking Auburn, by the way.) The Vols are also ranked between Nos. 1-5 in the four main metrics (NET, KenPom, KPI and BartTorvik). That led me to leave them one spot ahead of Arizona even though the Wildcats beat the Vols in Tucson on Dec. 17. Arizona’s losses (at Utah, home vs. Washington State, at Oregon) are collectively worse than Tennessee’s (Colorado on a neutral court, at Arizona, home vs. Kentucky, at Florida). Plus, Tennessee has a neutral-court win over Kansas. It was a close call between those two for sure.

9DE27FF9-5D5A-4787-9343-436F542C52B1.jpeg

Reactions: CornbreadVol

Seth Davis is (weirdly) one of the better and more fair basketball pundits. He seems to be pretty realistic when it comes to ranking teams and he doesn’t let a game or two sway his opinion about a team that drastically, which is nice. I’m also pretty sure he isn’t the biggest fan of Tennessee, so I respect that he is able to analyze us fairly and provide a realistic breakdown of our team unlike Jeff Goodman who will do anything and everything to annoy our fanbase.

Reactions: Volprofch05
Even dropping to 5 isn't the end of the world. I just hope they don't go overboard and send us to 10 or something like that.

The AP sending us to 10 would be a complete joke considering 4-5 other AP top 10 teams lost this week so I’m not sure how you could explain dropping us 8 spots with that consideration.

Seth Davis is (weirdly) one of the better and more fair basketball pundits. He seems to be pretty realistic when it comes to ranking teams and he doesn’t let a game or two sway his opinion about a team that drastically, which is nice. I’m also pretty sure he isn’t the biggest fan of Tennessee, so I respect that he is able to analyze us fairly and provide a realistic breakdown of our team unlike Jeff Goodman who will do anything and everything to annoy our fanbase.
Goodman will have us at 14th this week, or something. But he’s an idiot, so I expect him to do stupid things.

Seth’s is usually a pretty good indicator of the AP at large so I think it’s safe to say we’ll land at 4 or 5

Reactions: Volprofch05
The AP sending us to 10 would be a complete joke considering 4-5 other AP top 10 teams lost this week so I’m not sure how you could explain dropping us 8 spots with that consideration.
I dont see a reasoning for it, but they hammered us earlier this year when we lost to Colorado, so it also wouldn't surprise me either.

He's probably banged all of them before.

Reactions: DowntownVol
Here it is. I think the only thing that is surprising is Texas being ahead of us. Not that it really matters, but we just played Texas a week ago and wrecked them. Feels weird to put them ahead of us right now.

Reactions: berryvol
Here it is. I think the only thing that is surprising is Texas being ahead of us. Not that it really matters, but we just played Texas a week ago and wrecked them. Feels weird to put them ahead of us right now.

Yeah, that's annoying. It would be nice if the Bama/UT game ends up a matchup of top 5 teams. Hopefully we'll take care of business this week. Texas is at Kansas tonight.

Reactions: berryvol
I know there is about to be 10 new threads get started after the loss, but man I am just upset with the way we finished that game. Awaka fouls 3 point shooter, Phillips passes an open dunk, senior leader bricks a 1 and 1 and leave a 3 wide open to win the ball game. Don’t think it could have been worse than that. Just disappointed right now

Probably take 24-48 hours away, my thoughts…

Outside of the hit your free throws, dunk the ball type stuff, overall game thoughts….

We lost that game on defense, not offense, which is something nobody would’ve expected. Season worst for fg% allowed, made 3’s allowed and 3pt% allowed, that’s some rough luck. With that said no reason to lose this game, went too many empty possessions late when we did actually get some stops, needed to push it to 2 or 3 possessions.

Sucks ass, needed to take advantage and pad wins in winnable games and that one was. Not a “bad loss” in committee eyes but you keep dropping games and the seed lines keep dropping too, now you have to respond against what’s probably a bit tougher Missouri game and then have the brutal part of the schedule. This team definitely doesn’t want to make things easy on themselves.

VN Store

Back