The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Don’t know if I want to be around here for a few days but we will see. Only real take away from this game is that we have a senior leader who can’t hit a single damn clutch free throw to ice a game for us and has lost us two in a row. It’s honestly pathetic. Everything still on the table for this team, but the seniors have zero heart to them it seems.

Reactions: BisonVol
Don’t know if I want to be around here for a few days but we will see. Only real take away from this game is that we have a senior leader who can’t hit a single damn clutch free throw to ice a game for us and has lost us two in a row. It’s honestly pathetic. Everything still on the table for this team, but the seniors have zero heart to them it seems.

No dog whatsoever in this group of upperclassmen. Just not a mentally tough group of seniors.

Reactions: berryvol
I'm at a loss for words. This team was on the verge of collapse, but losing like this twice in a row, losing JJJ and Phillips, and facing Bama next. Things look bleak, and I'm not one to wave the white flag easily, but I we are just a shell of our former selves. Team is beat up, team confidence has to be at an all-time low. I was so proud of how we fought back, the adjustments Barnes made to the lineup, and the shots we made, but it was all for nothing. I'm officially concerned. 😕

I'm at a loss for words. This team was on the verge of collapse, but losing like this twice in a row, losing JJJ and Phillips, and facing Bama next. Things look bleak, and I'm not one to wave the white flag easily, but I we are just a shell of our former selves. Team is beat up, team confidence has to be at an all-time low. I was so proud of how we fought back, the adjustments Barnes made to the lineup, and the shots we made, but it was all for nothing. I'm officially concerned. 😕
It’s scary that we could be looking at losing 5 out of 6 with Alabama and @kentucky being out next 2 games

It’s hard to believe 2 weeks ago we were talking solidifying a #1 seed and this possibly being the best UT team ever.

Yup, very nice way of putting it. How the hell did we get here after beating the piss out of Texas less than 2 weeks ago? So disheartening.

I do hope tonight Barnes has realized he needs to completely turn over the front court to the young guys Awaka and Aidoo and he’s gotta play small even if we’re missing some wings that make that more palatable. Yes Vescovi could’ve closed this out but I think ON cost us this game really digging us into such a big hole. Feels like a three seed is the goal at this point.

I’m wondering about SV’s shoulder as well. That missed free throw was really short.

I do hope tonight Barnes has realized he needs to completely turn over the front court to the young guys Awaka and Aidoo and he’s gotta play small even if we’re missing some wings that make that more palatable. Yes Vescovi could’ve closed this out but I think ON cost us this game really digging us into such a big hole. Feels like a three seed is the goal at this point.
Awaka dominated the second half. I’d honestly start him if ORN is gonna keep being a whiny b*tch every time the ball doesn’t bounce his way. Give it over to the young guys that play like they give a damn.

Awaka dominated the second half. I’d honestly start him if ORN is gonna keep being a whiny b*tch every time the ball doesn’t bounce his way. Give it over to the young guys that play like they give a damn.
Yeah 100%. ON needs some sort of kickstart and benching him is definitely what I’d do

Reactions: berryvol
As well as Awaka played (and we obv lose without him), he also needs to make more than 1/6 of his free throws though. Even if he hits just half we win

He needs to work on his shot period. He was missing some point blank shots. He looked uncomfortable around the basket shooting but made up for it with rebounds and effort.

Reactions: Govolsman98
Yeah 100%. ON needs some sort of kickstart and benching him is definitely what I’d do
Idk if I just have pent up anger at this team that I’m just now willing to let out, but I’m fed up with ORN. He is a massive detriment if he doesn’t have immense success early in games. Is he even worth playing at all at this point? It’s clear he’s gonna have way more of the games like today than he is 27 point Texas outings. Give Awaka the run and let ORN sulk on the bench. There’s no room for that in SEC basketball.

Yup, very nice way of putting it. How the hell did we get here after beating the piss out of Texas less than 2 weeks ago? So disheartening.
As pessimistic as I've been all season and especially in the last few weeks, I don't think it's smart to write this team off from anything except the SEC championship. Inexcusable last two games, however.

Reactions: Lankykong
As pessimistic as I've been all season and especially in the last few weeks, I don't think it's smart to write this team off from anything except the SEC championship. Inexcusable last two games, however.
The thing that makes the least sense, is for this team to make a miracle run. So, it will probably happen.

Reactions: Govolsman98
Most people that respond to losses don’t care about regular season records anyway and only the NCAA tourney results. We still have a chance to get everyone healthy and ready for tourney time, just not the seed we wanted. Maybe the 4 guard lineup needs to be implemented more often to jump start the offense

Reactions: Lankykong
Most people that respond to losses don’t care about regular season records anyway and only the NCAA tourney results. We still have a chance to get everyone healthy and ready for tourney time, just not the seed we wanted. Maybe the 4 guard lineup needs to be implemented more often to jump start the offense

VN Store

Back