The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

The thing I like is it shows we don’t have to shoot lights out to beat good teams. We just played elite defense and put up more shots with the extra possessions.

They shot a higher % at all 3 levels, but turned it over 19 times and we hit 6 more field goals. Proud of this team, if we keep playing hard nose defense and turning teams over we can beat anyone.

Getting back JJJ & Phillips will be big though, definitely need them both back and healthy.

Everyone can give their analysis. Here’s the deal: you wanna see what a team that defends like hell and kinda sucks on offense looks like? Look at UT > UA tonight. Want to see what a team that defends like shat and scores at will against ass defense looks like? Look at OU>UA. Give me a team that controls one end of the court over the other every night. GTH Barnes defectors.

Reactions: gainesvol82
I don’t know if it’s been mentioned anywhere, but Alabama mocked Tennessee’s ONE FLY WE ALL FLY just about 2-3 minutes before Tennessee did their traditional OFWAF routine. Pretty arrogant, and I’m sure that did nothing but fire the Vols up even more.
That was dumb of them to have done lol.. when are people going to learn not to do that? Lol

I don’t know if it’s been mentioned anywhere, but Alabama mocked Tennessee’s ONE FLY WE ALL FLY just about 2-3 minutes before Tennessee did their traditional OFWAF routine. Pretty arrogant, and I’m sure that did nothing but fire the Vols up even more.

Yep, and when they were booed, at least two players (one of them Miller) motioned for the crowd to be louder. Be careful what you wish for!

Pretty much every team does this so I doubt we take much offense. The funny thing was that they got hung on the first dunk and had to do it a second time.

Reactions: cardvolfan
This next game in Rupp is gigantic for both teams. A win probably almost clinches a double bye, moves us back, for sure into a 2 seed and really damages Kentucky's NCAA Tournament chances. A loss may propel the 'Cats into the Big Dance. I really want to bury 'em and destroy any hope they have
I want to beat them just bc I want them to be miserable. If they lose, all hope is gone. I want cats fans to feel that.

I effing hate Alabama. Tonight was so great. Football season was better, but tonight was also awesome. I grew up around, went to all levels of school around, and still live around these assholes. I want them to suffer every second of sports fandom they can. They deserve it more than anyone. Revel in it while you can, these years of dominance don’t come often against UA.

Really is quite frustrating, sometimes makes you wonder if some of these folks rather lose and be able to complain.

My theory is that all of the drama that surrounded the football program pre Heupel was a drug to those folks. Losses present the opportunity for them to stir up the drama they grew to love.

just like how you take a break when we lose, they take a break when we win.
But I don’t take a break because I don’t wanna talk about the game or anything, it’s because it’s literally overran with idiotic and uneducated negative posts from folks who are nowhere to be found after a W. It just makes any sort of worthwhile conversation nearly impossible, that’s not the case after a W.

But I don’t take a break because I don’t wanna talk about the game or anything, it’s because it’s literally overran with idiotic and uneducated negative posts from folks who are nowhere to be found after a W. It just makes any sort of worthwhile conversation nearly impossible, that’s not the case after a W.

And that’s how they feel lol

But in reverse.

And that’s how they feel lol

But in reverse.
Not sure I follow, they feel after a W that the board is overran with idiotic and uneducated positive posts? I don’t think that’s accurate, it’s definitely a positive vibe but you don’t see 400 new threads started from 400 posters you’ve never seen before.

VN Store

Back