The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Not sure I follow, they feel after a W that the board is overran with idiotic and uneducated positive posts? I don’t think that’s accurate, it’s definitely a positive vibe but you don’t see 400 new threads started from 400 posters you’ve never seen before.

it’s hard to get traction on posts bitching about us being underrated or a 2nd round exit or that Barnes needs to go after a win like that. So they don’t bother.

And trust me, they still believe all that.

And that’s how they feel lol

But in reverse.

I understand what you are trying to say but you have to admit it is asinine to rag on our coaches and players after a loss in a way that often has gleeful undertones. This whole dynamic is made especially worse since it is coming precisely from the types who will be the first to gaslight you about how the regular season doesn't matter all while somehow ignoring will be a very high seed and that the loss is not a bad loss in the Committee's eyes (excluding CU).

it’s hard to get traction on posts bitching about us being underrated or a 2nd round exit or that Barnes needs to go after a win like that. So they don’t bother.

And trust me, they still believe all that.

Not sure I buy your last statement. My analysis says they believe that they get more attention as gad flies and that is what they crave. They have no problem with removing themselves from bunker sharing consideration by forcing counter posts to avoid the impression that their positions have merit. I will forever wish we had an DON'T LIKE or NOPE button to eliminate that dilema. Sometimes it is hard to hope readers know these guys are just among THE EVERYBODY HAS THEM group and not respond. Button should include an option for the inclusion of the eyeroll or thumbs down emoji.

Man I will say the A&M game is going to be ugly. They lead the country in made free throws and it's being played there. They went 18 of 22 against Arkansas. And they have only played in 6 games where they didn't attempt at least 20 free throws.

They don't rely on the 3 ball or jump shots, they will attack the rim the entire game and us missing JJJ and Phillips with how physical we play could really be a problem from a foul trouble standpoint. I do think playing with good on ball pressure like we did last night will help mitigate their ability to drive though. But A&M will essentially have 2 Jaden Bradley's with how Radford and Taylor attack the rim.

Still that's just looking ahead a bit, we're 2 games behind A&M right now. Need to win in Rupp and then win in Aggieland, that's all the team can control. Us and Bama both have to play there and they've yet to lose a home game in conference.

Man I will say the A&M game is going to be ugly. They lead the country in made free throws and it's being played there. They went 18 of 22 against Arkansas. And they have only played in 6 games where they didn't attempt at least 20 free throws.

They don't rely on the 3 ball or jump shots, they will attack the rim the entire game and us missing JJJ and Phillips with how physical we play could really be a problem from a foul trouble standpoint. I do think playing with good on ball pressure like we did last night will help mitigate their ability to drive though. But A&M will essentially have 2 Jaden Bradley's with how Radford and Taylor attack the rim.

Still that's just looking ahead a bit, we're 2 games behind A&M right now. Need to win in Rupp and then win in Aggieland, that's all the team can control. Us and Bama both have to play there and they've yet to lose a home game in conference.
I'd expect at least one of Phillips and James back by next Wednesday. Possibly both.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
anyone else wonder why all the special interviews with Bama creeps on our floor???? what was that? those announcers for the game were typcial bammers.

After last night and even the second half of mizzou I’m wondering what we do when James and Phillips come back. I feel like mashack and awaka have provided some massive minutes for us and an energy that we have needed at the right time. I’m not saying don’t play James and Phillips obviously but we need to find a way to work them back in while utilizing awaka and mashacks strengths.

Reactions: Chunkyvol12
anyone else wonder why all the special interviews with Bama creeps on our floor???? what was that? those announcers for the game were typcial bammers.
I started to mention that at the risk of sounding like an "ESPN hates us" parrot. But really, it was nauseating. And maybe not all that surprising given it was Jay Bilas doing the broadcast. But when was the last time you saw him do his "94 feet" segment with the opposing team on the home team's floor? And then, to add to it, he did a bonus segment of it with some no-name. If you didn't know better, you'd have assumed this was being played in Tuscaloosa and Bama was #1 and Tennessee was 6-20 on the season, offering no compelling storyline worth promoting.

It was....odd.

I started to mention that at the risk of sounding like an "ESPN hates us" parrot. But really, it was nauseating. And maybe not all that surprising given it was Jay Bilas doing the broadcast. But when was the last time you saw him do his "94 feet" segment with the opposing team on the home team's floor? And then, to add to it, he did a bonus segment of it with some no-name. If you didn't know better, you'd have assumed this was being played in Tuscaloosa and Bama was #1 and Tennessee was 6-20 on the season, offering no compelling storyline worth promoting.

It was....odd.
I think Bilas is more anti defense than anti vol. if he had it his way basketball would be a game of horse

Reactions: cncchris33
Anyone else think SV isn’t 100%?

He looks a step slower and has been hesitant on shooting the ball lately.

Not sure if it’s mental or still battling shoulder problems.

Anyone else think SV isn’t 100%?

He looks a step slower and has been hesitant on shooting the ball lately.

Not sure if it’s mental or still battling shoulder problems.
Huh? He’s fired up 23 3’s in the last 3 games, hitting 11 of them for 48%…people were asking that 5-6 games ago but not sure that’s a question after the last 3 games.

Two random thoughts: If we beat Kentucky in Lexington after beating #1 Alabama, this will be one of the greatest regular season weeks ever for Tennessee basketball that directly followed one of the most emotionally devastating ones

Also last night they showed “Tennessee wins against #1” but didn’t show the #1 v #2 game with Memphis oddly enough. And it wasn’t just games in TBA cause they showed Gonzaga

Reactions: DuckInAPen
Two random thoughts: If we beat Kentucky in Lexington after beating #1 Alabama, this will be one of the greatest regular season weeks ever for Tennessee basketball that directly followed one of the most emotionally devastating ones

Also last night they showed “Tennessee wins against #1” but didn’t show the #1 v #2 game with Memphis oddly enough. And it wasn’t just games in TBA cause they showed Gonzaga
I noticed that as well about the Memphis game.

VN Store

Back