The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

He basically said he knew about Miller and the gun and he did nothing to punish Miller

That’s a MAJOR issue brewing for him

Probably. But it’s Alabama. They aren’t going to fire him. They’ll take their lumps and keep him. It’s not like Oats is involved in the murder investigation himself. He displayed extremely poor judgement by not holding out Miller, but that’s a different story.

It’s not like the Chris Beard situation who was originally facing a domestic assault charge and was the center of the investigation itself.

Reactions: berryvol
Probably. But it’s Alabama. They aren’t going to fire him. They’ll take their lumps and keep him. It’s not like Oats is involved in the murder investigation himself. He displayed extremely poor judgement by not holding out Miller, but that’s a different story.

It’s not like the Chris Beard situation who was originally facing a domestic assault charge and was the center of the investigation itself.
If he knew about Miller’s connection to the case and covered it up, his goose is cooked

Good luck trying to recruit after this

Reactions: lefthander
If he knew about Miller’s connection to the case and covered it up, his goose is cooked

Good luck trying to recruit after this
He didn’t cover it up, he stated that they were all involved with the investigation including the school. And hot take, his recruiting probably doesn’t hurt at all and maybe improves, can now say he stands behind his players and doesn’t just suspend them because public wants him to.

He didn’t cover it up, he stated that they were all involved with the investigation including the school. And hot take, his recruiting probably doesn’t hurt at all and maybe improves, can now say he stands behind his players and doesn’t just suspend them because public wants him to.

That's the most charitable outcome for Oats in this situation. I can't imagine there's no blowback, though. He did nothing in response to a guy who provided a loaded gun on demand in the middle of the night on the Tuscaloosa strip which was immediately used to murder a young mother and the crossfire ended up hitting his car. I have a hard time seeing where Oats comes out ahead in this one.

It doesn’t make Oats any better than Miller or the guy that killed a young mother.

I mean, we beat Bama and Auburn.

I don’t think Warren’s take was that bad. At full strength, we have a good team, it’s just very matchup dependent.

Not sure I'd put beating Auburn in the same category of beating Alabama. I know, a win is a win but that was a very ugly win and they've struggled about the same as we have lately.

Reactions: Lankykong
How is Miller not charged with accessory?
Yeah, I have a hard time understanding why Miles is charged but Miller isn’t. Miles was charged because he gave the shooter the gun. But before that, Miller gave the gun to Miles. So if Miles is an accessory to murder, why isn’t Miller?

Reactions: DuckInAPen
Yeah, I have a hard time understanding why Miles is charged but Miller isn’t. Miles was charged because he gave the shooter the gun. But before that, Miller gave the gun to Miles. So if Miles is an accessory to murder, why isn’t Miller?
Just not how the law works. Accessory to the accessory to murder isn't a thing

Let's not lose all nuance here. Its gross, slimy, and morally wrong to let Miller play, IMO. Its not equal to actually killing someone, cmon

It is if Oats knew about the whole thing.

If he had any integrity, he wouldn’t play Miller.

My clowning does not involve making utterly absurd assessments and comments in all seriousness with less than no sense of objectivity. Your posts dance on the line of trolling almost every day.

Oats may have not “physically” done any harm but knowing about the gun used in killing of a young mother is still slimy and doesn’t make him anymore trustworthy.

If you don’t see anything wrong with that then I can’t help you.

Oats may have not “physically” done any harm but knowing about the gun used in killing of a young mother is still slimy and doesn’t make him anymore trustworthy.

If you don’t see anything wrong with that then I can’t help you.
That's a far cry from the below comment that you were called out on. Do better.
It doesn’t make Oats any better than Miller or the guy that killed a young mother.

That's the most charitable outcome for Oats in this situation. I can't imagine there's no blowback, though. He did nothing in response to a guy who provided a loaded gun on demand in the middle of the night on the Tuscaloosa strip which was immediately used to murder a young mother and the crossfire ended up hitting his car. I have a hard time seeing where Oats comes out ahead in this one.
That wasn’t the case though or he would’ve been charged

VN Store

Back