The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Yeah, I have a hard time understanding why Miles is charged but Miller isn’t. Miles was charged because he gave the shooter the gun. But before that, Miller gave the gun to Miles. So if Miles is an accessory to murder, why isn’t Miller?
The gun is Miles, it was in Millers car, they went to the strip and Miller didn’t wanna go so Miles left the gun in his car. Later on when there was an altercation Miles told Miller to come to where he was, he did and the gun was still in the car, after time had passed and an altercation occurred Miles got the gun and gave it to Davis.

Miller didn’t drive up to the scene of a fight, walk up to Miles and hand him a gun.

Reactions: berryvol
Ah. So I understand that it’s more difficult since he gave the gun to the guy who gave the gun to the murderer. Makes criminal charges hard.

But he will likely get sued in civil court (after he signs that big NBA contract)

The gun is Miles, it was in Millers car, they went to the strip and Miller didn’t wanna go so Miles left the gun in his car. Later on when there was an altercation Miles told Miller to come to where he was, he did and the gun was still in the car, after time had passed and an altercation occurred Miles got the gun and gave it to Davis.

Miller didn’t drive up to the scene of a fight, walk up to Miles and hand him a gun.

The news reports I've read are somewhat vague on this point. Are you saying that Miller didn't realize he was bringing Miles a gun, that it was just in the car he came to Miles in?

That wasn’t the case though or he would’ve been charged

It wasn't the next night, though. Perhaps it wasn't in the strictest sense "immediately", but it was a short time frame and Miller was aware of the situation, present at the situation, and provided access to the weapon used in a murder at that particular situation. That's an awfully fine line to parse for culpability.

I sure as hell guarantee Miller has some civil court concerns in his future from this affair.

Sounds like Miller’s biggest crime is choosing who he runs around with. Guns are never a good idea to carry around. Unless you’re heading off into the woods wearing an orange vest. Or heading to a shooting range.

We know if something happened like this under Barnes you would be defending him till you were blue and saying it's not his fault. That's 100% guaranteed

Well good news for you, something like this is less likely to happen under Barnes.

Second, if Barnes ever did something like this, no doubt would he deserve the backlash from me and a lot of Vol fans.

So no, you can’t 100% guaranteed anything.

Reading that Miller was on the scene, he drove the weapon to them. They hopped into his car and made the exchange in the backseat, then Davis committed the shooting. Vague if Miller left before this occurred or if he was still present.

I mean he has to have committed SOME kind of crime if that's true?

Reactions: DuckInAPen
Reading that Miller was on the scene, he drove the weapon to them. They hopped into his car and made the exchange in the backseat, then Davis committed the shooting. Vague if Miller left before this occurred or if he was still present.

Miller's car, at least, remained at the scene and took a couple of bullets, right?

I really don't see any issue until it says his Dodge blocked the victim in. I will need further information on that. It sounds like he is guilty of being dense and hanging with idiots.

Miller's car, at least, remained at the scene and took a couple of bullets, right?

Not sure, haven't dug into it too much. The trial started today so it's only going to get worse for Bama from here.

From today's witness stand testimonies.

1. Miles texted Miller to bring the weapon (not sure who actually owns the weapon)
2. The exchange of the weapon from Miles to Davis happened in Miller's car at the scene of the shooting

At least that's the two most consistent pieces I've seen from a few news outlets.

Maybe Miller gets off legally, but from a university standpoint I'm pretty shocked that only Miles has received any real punishment. Miller and Bradley haven't missed a game though.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
I really don't see any issue until it says his Dodge blocked the victim in. I will need further information on that. It sounds like he is guilty of being dense and hanging with idiots.

It actually does sound like this might have been the case. Details are still a little vague but sounds to me like Miller’s car was used to block the victim from getting away.

1677011975433.png

I mean I remember when Pearl was here and Smith, Tatum, Goins, and Williams got suspended. Amazing to think being in a vehicle with stuff has a stiffer penalty than helping a teammate with murder.

Last edited:
Reactions: berryvol

It’s just a shame Miller and Bradley are still playing after all of this is now coming out.

So wrong on many levels.

And Oats basically said "wrong place, wrong time"

Miles and Davis getting in a fight would be one thing...but Bradley and Miller showing up to block the road and Miller bringing a loaded weapon as well...that's not a "wrong place, wrong time" at all. That's active involvement on Miller's part at multiple levels.

Probably. But it’s Alabama. They aren’t going to fire him. They’ll take their lumps and keep him. It’s not like Oats is involved in the murder investigation himself. He displayed extremely poor judgement by not holding out Miller, but that’s a different story.

It’s not like the Chris Beard situation who was originally facing a domestic assault charge and was the center of the investigation itself.

Well, this is the same University whose football coach pretty much defended Jermain Burton for assaulting a female Tennessee college student because he was “scared” for his life after students stormed the field.

VN Store

Back