The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Convenient time to sit players because it won’t matter?

Exactly. They’ll sit Miller to save face and make it look like they are treating this situation seriously since it’s a game they are in no jeopardy of losing, but we all know once the games get tougher or March gets here Miller we be playing.

Ah. So I understand that it’s more difficult since he gave the gun to the guy who gave the gun to the murderer. Makes criminal charges hard.

But he will likely get sued in civil court (after he signs that big NBA contract)
Yup, that’s pretty likely, and I’m sure settled out of court.

The news reports I've read are somewhat vague on this point. Are you saying that Miller didn't realize he was bringing Miles a gun, that it was just in the car he came to Miles in?
It’s not specified, but even if Miles were to say will you please bring me my gun that’s not illegal.

It wasn't the next night, though. Perhaps it wasn't in the strictest sense "immediately", but it was a short time frame and Miller was aware of the situation, present at the situation, and provided access to the weapon used in a murder at that particular situation. That's an awfully fine line to parse for culpability.

I sure as hell guarantee Miller has some civil court concerns in his future from this affair.
How do you know this?

Reading that Miller was on the scene, he drove the weapon to them. They hopped into his car and made the exchange in the backseat, then Davis committed the shooting. Vague if Miller left before this occurred or if he was still present.

I mean he has to have committed SOME kind of crime if that's true?
What in your post is a crime?

I really don't see any issue until it says his Dodge blocked the victim in. I will need further information on that. It sounds like he is guilty of being dense and hanging with idiots.
Bingo. That’s what caused me to pause and say hold on…if Miller was the driver and parked the car to knowingly block in these folks then that’s a major issue and ties other pieces together. Again, if. It’s not clear.

I mean I put a question mark there to indicate I was asking and not inferring.
I get that, was just asking if you thought any of what you posted was a crime. It looks and sounds shady, and I’m sure there’s not total innocence, but so far nothing sounds like a crime. The biggest thing I’ve seen is the blocking with his car, but it hasn’t been clarified if that was him or someone else, so that’s up in the air.

Sounds like Miller’s biggest crime is choosing who he runs around with. Guns are never a good idea to carry around. Unless you’re heading off into the woods wearing an orange vest. Or heading to a shooting range.

Yet a lot of people on a certain side of the fence would say the gun manufacturer is to blame.
Regardless of Miller's situation, common sense and personal responsibility are a lost art

Alabama went permitless carry as of January 1st, so didn’t break any law from transporting a loaded weapon.

Of course if the text from Miles has any sort of expressed intention then Miller is screwed.

Any chance JJJ & Phillips actually return at 100% before post season?

We basically need to finish 3-0 to make sure we keep a top 4 seed.

I think they’re back Saturday…maybe the staff is greedy and holds them out assuming a W without them but I wouldn’t.

I would hope the staff is smart enough to not assume any game is a victory for this team right now. Not with how we’re playing offense. I want him healthy for March, but if he can play now he needs to play. This team is spiraling and needs some positive momentum heading to the SEC Tournament.

I like tracking where guys are on the all time leaderboards. Santi tonight broke a tie with Jajuan Smith for third in all time 3 point makes at Tennessee. He’ll likely settle there barring a 5th year return as Allan Houston is 89 threes ahead of him for second place
He’s also seventh in career steals right now. Could still climb several places there

VN Store

Back