The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Alabama went permitless carry as of January 1st, so didn’t break any law from transporting a loaded weapon.

That sheds a lot of light on this. When I read, 'The Tuscaloosa police chief told Al.com that Miller isn’t facing charges because “there’s nothing we could charge him with according to the law,”'' I suspected the reason must be some recent liberalization of gun laws in Alabama.

Perhaps, when everything comes to light, it'll be shown that Miller was guilty only of a culpable naivete (as dumb as I was in college, I can't imagine that I would have ever thought it a good idea to bring someone a handgun in the middle of the night). What's come out, though, leaves a lot of unanswered questions.

Apparently Miles (whose mother is a police officer!) had been arrested before for a handgun offense.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
"Police also testified that the vehicles of Miller and Bradley were allegedly blocking the road where the Jeep was parked."

It begs the question of why and by whom the cars were parked there and where Bradley and Miller were at the time of the murder. There must be a reason they haven't been charged with anything, but, until further testimony is reported, it all seems very difficult to explain away.

I don't think enough of our fans appreciate the character of the athletes Barnes has brought to UT. It's inconceivable that the players we've had here over the past several years could ever be involved in something like this.

Talk about naive. Be careful with this. Good kids make bad decisions in an instant all the time. And one bad decision is all it takes to change everything.

I gotta say, I’m as disappointed and frustrated as anyone that we have lost 5 out of the last 7 to unranked teams and Barnes earns his fair share of criticism that comes with it. But my goodness some of these takes by our fans on volnation, Twitter, and Instagram make my head spin. We have to have some of the lowest Basketball IQ fans in the country. I have seen that we aren’t making the tournament now and are NIT bound, we should fire Rick Barnes, Zeigler should transfer and should benched, Vescovi should have been benched the rest of the game after his slow start in the first half.

I understand the frustration and some of these takes could be coming from that, but my goodness, with our resume we could lose out and still make the tourney.

I like tracking where guys are on the all time leaderboards. Santi tonight broke a tie with Jajuan Smith for third in all time 3 point makes at Tennessee. He’ll likely settle there barring a 5th year return as Allan Houston is 89 threes ahead of him for second place
He’s also seventh in career steals right now. Could still climb several places there
Santi is a warrior. Plays his ass off.

Still amazed that a team as garbage as A&M is really gets that many whistles...that's crazy.

And no it's not even sour grapes...they are middle of the pack or worse in every category in the SEC. They however are first in free throws and free throw attempts.

Another interesting stat, their two lowest free throw attempt games in the SEC. Florida and at Kentucky, Castelton had 6 blocks in that game so I guess they didn't want anymore of that trying to drive to the rim...and the other game was in Rupp, so ya know the Zebras weren't going to call much against Big Blue

Still amazed that a team as garbage as A&M is really gets that many whistles...that's crazy.

And no it's not even sour grapes...they are middle of the pack or worse in every category in the SEC. They however are first in free throws and free throw attempts.

Another interesting stat, their two lowest free throw attempt games in the SEC. Florida and at Kentucky, Castelton had 6 blocks in that game so I guess they didn't want anymore of that trying to drive to the rim...and the other game was in Rupp, so ya know the Zebras weren't going to call much against Big Blue
They are ripe for an early round upset. Teams don’t get that kind of whistle in March typically.

Reactions: I4Vols and MoCo_Vol

Alabama won’t cut ties with Miller or Bradley unless charges are brought against the two of them. Most schools couldn’t get away with handling it that way in today’s day and age. Alabama is one of the few that can.

Miller’s actions were either the result of extremely poor judgment or were morally reprehensible. Alabama will assume the former until charges are handed down which isn’t likely imo.

Last edited:
It begs the question of why and by whom the cars were parked there and where Bradley and Miller were at the time of the murder. There must be a reason they haven't been charged with anything, but, until further testimony is reported, it all seems very difficult to explain away.
Because the police and govt are corrupt (see stats on govt corruption and Alabama is one of the top 5 worst) and the police protect Bama athletes (see what Pruitt said during Banks arrest and many cases of Bama athletes skirting charges, even out of state like the Bama player arrested in LA that got off).

Stuck my head in the game thread to find a bunch of Santi slander.

Why do people have rocks for brains?

I’m upset with how we played last night, but anyone slandering Santi is a true idiot. He is just about the only player on the roster right now hunting his shot, playing aggressive, and continuing to fight. The rest of our team looks timid offensively and lost. Santi is an all-time Tennessee great in my mind.

Jonathan Givony just posted a 2024 NBA Mock Draft on ESPN, and in it he includes Julian Phillips at #14, which insinuates that Phillips will return to school. He then goes on to talk about how there has been a recent run of prospects who returned to school for a year and improved their stock (Keegan Murray, Jaden Ivey, Benedict Mauthurin, Johnny Davis, Tari Eason, Dalen Terry), and how Phillips needs to fill his body put, work on his shot, and how he's looked like the game moved a little fast for him on both ends of the court at times.

I don't see it that way. They have players that are very good at getting to the rim, which is what we need.
They had twice as many foul shots because we seemed to always foul them in the act of shooting.

Phillips seems to be our only player that can get to the rim (other than ZZ, who is too short to get constantly fouled at the rim)

VN Store

Back