The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Guess I missed all those posts touting those rosters.

Turn over a new leaf with the roster? We are about to have 8 new players on the team. How much more do you want to turn it over? Go cheer for UK if you want an entirely new band of mercenaries every year.
I'm not asking for a team of mercenaries, but it's going to be the same voices the last 3 teams have had as their leader, JJJ and Vescovi, it's time for a new voice.
It should be ZZ, JM and JA leading the team next year.

I'm not asking for a team of mercenaries, but it's going to be the same voices the last 3 teams have had as their leader, JJJ and Vescovi, it's time for a new voice.
I bet anyone on that team would tell you that ZZ is as much a voice as anyone else you mentioned.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
You know as well as I do he's gonna get put right back in a starting role and play 40 minutes a game.
If he is playing better than the other players why would you care. The Vols just got an extra scholarship player without using a scholarship. The plan was to redshirt Carr and Phillips, so the Vols would have only had 11 eligible players, now they have 12.

If he is playing better than the other players why would you care. The Vols just got an extra scholarship player without using a scholarship. The plan was to redshirt Carr and Phillips, so the Vols would have only had 11 eligible players, now they have 12.
Carr and Phillips had no bearing on my thoughts on next years roster. Also, because I believe in a rotation being too big which is one of my complaints about the coaching staff. It's hard to get hot when you're getting subbed in and out every 5-7 minutes.

I mean is that bad? Those voices won a SEC Tournament and made a Sweet Sixteen...

I do get what you are saying, but If i had to choose 2 of the 5 seniors to come back, it would be Santi and JJJ. I would agree with you more if it was Uros and Olivier coming back or something.

I do get what you are saying, but If i had to choose 2 of the 5 seniors to come back, it would be Santi and JJJ. I would agree with you more if it was Uros and Olivier coming back or something.
Santi was the only SR I wanted back.
Phillips was the other I wanted back because I think he has ridiculous potential

Yes, ask a forum full of people who hate me if they agree with me. I'm sure you'll get unbiased answers.
I don’t hate you - I just think you have unrealistically negative views of our program, coaches, and players. Your scale seems to only have 2 levels; Sucks or Great. Many of us aren’t so extreme in our views and can appreciate Good and Really Good also. Just a sports forum for folks to share their opinions, even if they’re wrong.

Hmmmm changing our tune are we. You literally said yourself the team probably wasn't going to listen to a 5'9 point guard.
Perhaps our disagreement is lost in the ambiguity of your statement of "who are they going to look to". I took that to mean in the physical sense as in who is going to have the ball in their hands.

If, instead, you meant who are they going to listen to, I still don't know if it's relevant as if to assume that people solely gravitate to older players/people for direction. That isn't absolute in sports or in life. Age doesn't equate to wisdom. There are a lot of natural-born leaders who lead older players. Eric Berry was one, Tim Tebow was one. Kobe Bryant was a leader for the Lakers at age 20 on a team of professionals, many 10+ years older than him.

Assuming that leadership is always derived from the oldest player automatically is extremely presumptive.

VN Store

Back