The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

I’m interested to see what we do at the 4

With ORN gone, I don’t feel that we have a traditional power forward in the projected lineup.

JJJ and DK are more of a wing archetype IMO. (And to be clear, JJJ has and can competently play the 4. But he isn’t gonna play 40 minutes)

So what happens when JJJ is out?

How much might Aidoo and Awaka share the floor?

my assumption right now is we are gonna play a more NBA style lineup with 2 guards, 2 wings and a center

But we might see situations where Phillips or Estrella get minutes out of necessity due to fouls and/or injuries.

With ORN gone, I don’t feel that we have a traditional power forward in the projected lineup.

JJJ and DK are more of a wing archetype IMO. (And to be clear, JJJ has and can competently play the 4. But he isn’t gonna play 40 minutes)

my assumption right now is we are gonna play a more NBA style lineup with 2 guards, 2 wings and a center

But we might see situations where Phillips or Estrella get minutes out of necessity due to fouls and/or injuries.
I think JJJ will get 28-30 mpg, most of which will come at the 4…Mashack played some 4 last year for us & Knecht has been working there this year as well, so both are options behind JJJ and in the same “small ball mold”. If we are struggling to rebound, or matching an opponents size then I think you could see Awaka or Phillips at the 4, not sure how much you’ll see Estrella at the 4, but guess it’s possible.

I would think Awaka + Aidoo are the best options for the 4 and 5, but James is probably in an incumbent position as far as the 4 goes. I would be interested to see how this lineup would perform:

Zeigler
Vescovi
Knecht
Awaka
Aidoo

Reactions: berryvol
Yeah idk if Estrella will play the 4 any. But maybe him at the 5 and Awaka or Aidoo at the 4. Hard to say.

I’m interested to see though.
I think as long as we are competing on the boards and not getting crushed down low that we will still with small ball as much as possible. That’s what will allow us to play our guards as many minutes as possible and that’s where this teams best talent and depth is.

I think as long as we are competing on the boards and not getting crushed down low that we will still with small ball as much as possible. That’s what will allow us to play our guards as many minutes as possible and that’s where this teams best talent and depth is.
The depth at the post does kind of concern me. If Aidoo gets hurt then we are in some trouble if we play some taller posts. Estrella would have to get up to speed rather quickly

VN Store

Back