The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Insane. No 27-year old should be playing college sports lol. Glad he got his waiver denied.
Rough math he was 20 when he graduated HS, did a post-grad year, then ineligible his 1st year, transferred to Memphis but got COVID year, etc. Crazy but looking at his "years played" he should be eligible again. I have nothing against his age. Some of us don't graduate on a normal schedule. But still crazy.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Insane. No 27-year old should be playing college sports lol. Glad he got his waiver denied.
Slightly related, but I find it funny how irrelevant Memphis has become. You rewind about 5-6 years and they had a few fans on this board constantly chirping and pounding their chest that they were the better program, hate to see how far they’ve fallen lmao.

Even less slightly related - why did Quinnerly transfer there from bama? I viewed him as one of the best point guards in the SEC. Seems like we struggled for years to stay in front of him. What could have been his motivation to step down to playing at a lower level?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Slightly related, but I find it funny how irrelevant Memphis has become. You rewind about 5-6 years and they had a few fans on this board constantly chirping and pounding their chest that they were the better program, hate to see how far they’ve fallen lmao.

Having Penny as your coach will do that to ya.

Even less slightly related - why did Quinnerly transfer there from bama? I viewed him as one of the best point guards in the SEC. Seems like we struggled for years to stay in front of him. What could have been his motivation to step down to playing at a lower level?
It is bizarre because Memphis is a step down, obviously, and Bama is worse off for it. A lot of pundits like Bama (Trilly has them in the F4 with us, I think), but I think they will struggle a bit, this year. They lost a ton, and didn't exactly hit the lottery in the portal or with their 2023 class.

It is bizarre because Memphis is a step down, obviously, and Bama is worse off for it. A lot of pundits like Bama (Trilly has them in the F4 with us, I think), but I think they will struggle a bit, this year. They lost a ton, and didn't exactly hit the lottery in the portal or with their 2023 class.
Trilly had Arkansas

Something went horribly wrong in Wisconsin if that turns out to not be a Q1 game. They return all 5 starters and add AJ Storr from St. Johns.
That’s what I figured, plus they are ranked 26th in the AP poll right now (but I know that doesn’t mean anything when it comes to NET rankings)

Reactions: cncchris33
Memphis mid-day sports radio has Tigers as a Final Four team if Williams had gotten the waiver. They think Penny has his best team without Williams.

VN Store

Back