The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

That’s great news.

And it wouldn’t shock me if FDV is our 3rd best scorer. He has the mentality and the skill.
Yeah I agree. He's honestly who I'm most excited to watch play for the first time the most. Then Knecht.

Not sure if it will happen but I want to see ZZ, FDV, Santi, and Knecht on the court at the same time. Lethal 3 point shoot and slashing potential.

Reactions: FeelVol
Yeah I agree. He's honestly who I'm most excited to watch play for the first time the most. Then Knecht.

Not sure if it will happen but I want to see ZZ, FDV, Santi, and Knecht on the court at the same time. Lethal 3 point shoot and slashing potential.
A lineup like that would have definitely helped against a team like FAU last season.

Throw in Aidoo or Awaka and that’s a great lineup imo.

I need this basketball season to start like I need air to breathe. I never thought I’d be more excited to watch a Rick Barnes offense than a Josh Heupel one, but here we are. Can’t wait for next weekend’s scrimmage.
Excitedly ran to the basketball forum this AM instead of trying to sift through the RF mess. Thank God it’s only a week away.

Excitedly ran to the basketball forum this AM instead of trying to sift through the RF mess. Thank God it’s only a week away.

Yeah I am excited for this season. I’m hoping my expectations aren’t unrealistic, but I expect a lot from this club. Tons of experience and talent. It’s well-balanced. I’m not sure you could ever reasonably expect a better/deeper roster construction at Tennessee then what we’ll have this year.

I just think I’m checking out on football from an excitement perspective this season. I’m just not having fun watching this offense. It’s been more of an annoyance to sit through than a pleasure, and with the limited free time I have these days, watching an offense that has scored 3 TD’s in 2 SEC games is….not great.

Yeah I am excited for this season. I’m hoping my expectations aren’t unrealistic, but I expect a lot from this club. Tons of experience and talent. It’s well-balanced. I’m not sure you could ever reasonably expect a better/deeper roster construction at Tennessee then what we’ll have this year.

I just think I’m checking out on football from an excitement perspective this season. I’m just not having fun watching this offense. It’s been more of an annoyance to sit through than a pleasure, and with the limited free time I have these days, watching an offense that has scored 3 TD’s in 2 SEC games is….not great.
Agreed on all this. I’ll keep watching football, but I’m trying to not be so invested the rest of this season. If they’re not putting in Nico, the offense has zero viewing appeal to me.

On hoops, you’re 100% right. I’m just letting my expectations run wild, no need not to be super excited about this group. If our outside shooting and pace improve and the defense can stay the same or even only take a small step back, it should be a very exciting season with few losses.

I have come to learn, at least for me, expectations are the root of disappointment and stress. That being said, this team has a ton of ways they can dissect opponents and get wins. It is an exciting time, and this team has the weapons. I’m not expecting anything crazy good, but I can anticipate the possibilities.

I agree. It sounds weird to say after the Dooley/Jones/Baldy years and we still have a good chance at 9-3. But Milton has turned out to be exactly what he has always looked like. It sucks because right now there really isn't a dominant looking team in college football and even the SEC. Georgia will still likely beat us but even they aren't exactly elite. Mizzou is going to be the one toss up game. I personally think they are better but still not great. UK gonna UK, I think we'll still run them out of their stadium because Stoops has done his yearly routine of getting to 5-0 then falling apart when he plays the better teams on his schedule.

I have come to learn, at least for me, expectations are the root of disappointment and stress. That being said, this team has a ton of ways they can dissect opponents and get wins. It is an exciting time, and this team has the weapons. I’m not expecting anything crazy good, but I can anticipate the possibilities.
Anything short of a national title and I’ll end the season disappointed. That’s not to say I expect to win it and want people fired, etc when we don’t win the natty, but I will be stressed to the max most games and sad/disappointed when the season ends regardless of my expectations. So, for myself, I might as well get excited as can be and expect the most of our the good groups we do have. Barnes only has so many years left here and we don’t know who we’ll have after, so I’m going to be (maybe unreasonably) expectant, hopeful, and excited as hell for the upcoming seasons while we can be.

Anything short of a national title and I’ll end the season disappointed. That’s not to say I expect to win it and want people fired, etc when we don’t win the natty, but I will be stressed to the max most games and sad/disappointed when the season ends regardless of my expectations. So, for myself, I might as well get excited as can be and expect the most of our the good groups we do have. Barnes only has so many years left here and we don’t know who we’ll have after, so I’m going to be (maybe unreasonably) expectant, hopeful, and excited as hell for the upcoming seasons while we can be.
Ditto!

Believe if Tennessee can win National Championship this season CRB retires no better way to go out!!!!

Reactions: berryvol
Believe if Tennessee can win National Championship this season CRB retires no better way to go out!!!!

He might want to keep going and earn another $25 million +/-. Also it would matter what he’ll have returning. JJJ and SV are gone after this season and that represents a whole lot of minutes. Several recent coaches kept going until they were about 10 years older than Barnes is right now.

Reactions: knoxvol52

He is only 21 and I am sure he will get some more opportunities in the league but he and Chandler seem like prime examples of guys that could have used some more time in college to mature and improve their games instead of jumping to the league. It's true he has millions in the bank and no guarantees he would have been first round in two years though.

He is only 21 and I am sure he will get some more opportunities in the league but he and Chandler seem like prime examples of guys that could have used some more time in college to mature and improve their games instead of jumping to the league. It's true he has millions in the bank and no guarantees he would have been first round in two years though.

It’s just such a gamble though. Keon had a chance to go first round, so he left. If he returns and gets injured or doesn’t develop at the pace he expects, he could fall out of the draft entirely as you noted. I just can’t blame anyone for going while they can.

Chandler would have been a Tennessee legend if he stayed multiple years, but his height as a PG was always his biggest detractor and that was never changing. So it made sense for him to just go and start his journey. I don’t know if Chandler will ever be a consistent contributor, but he made the right move to go.

There's an article (paywall) in the athletic about Vandy missing out on an SEC hoops title due to their fans hurling tennis balls at UF player Dwayne Schintzius, earning a tech with one second to play that allowed UF to tie and ultimately win their game. I had never heard about this before, but am curious if others recall that.

Reactions: knoxvol52
For those that watch NBA...Grant Williams makes his Mavericks debut tonight at 9:30.....on ESPN vs Spurs and Victor Wenbayama...hope I spelled it correct😉

Reactions: The Dog
There's an article (paywall) in the athletic about Vandy missing out on an SEC hoops title due to their fans hurling tennis balls at UF player Dwayne Schintzius, earning a tech with one second to play that allowed UF to tie and ultimately win their game. I had never heard about this before, but am curious if others recall that.

Yes, I remember the incident. It was quite comical.

VN Store

Back