The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Any idea on starting lineup tonight? I feel like ZZ and Santi are starting, Knecht and aidoo in as well. But then who’s the other guy? Do you go with Gainey and play Knecht at the 4 or Josiah and Knecht at the 3? This is a good problem to have imo. Also could be a fun small ball lineup if you remove aidoo and use the other 5 mentioned. Also wonder if awaka could find his way into starting at the 4. So many questions
I don’t think Zeigler starts, and sounds like Gainey is questionable, probably…

Mashack
Santi
Knecht
JJJ
Aidoo

Reactions: cardvolfan
I mean I don’t think he’s got cancer or anything lol, just sick, might be able to play and might not, just have to see how he’s feeling.

I didn’t think he had cancer. Just wasn’t sure if maybe he got hurt in practice and if it was a potential long term issue or something short term. Sounds short term which is encouraging.

Would rather sit Gainey and give our emergency ball handlers more run at PG tonight. Gonna need him healthy in Madison on Friday.

A few short takeaways from Tennessee victory:

1). Dalton Knecht is legit. Potential SEC POTY candidate.

2). Jonas Aidoo could be a candidate for the DPOY In the conference.

3). Zakai looked good. A little rusty, but played like himself.

4). Freddie Dilione is young. Makes some mistakes on defense, and needs to improve his feel for the game. Will improve with experience.

A few short takeaways from Tennessee victory:

1). Dalton Knecht is legit. Potential SEC POTY candidate.

2). Jonas Aidoo could be a candidate for the DPOY In the conference.

3). Zakai looked good. A little rusty, but played like himself.

4). Freddie Dilione is young. Makes some mistakes on defense, and needs to improve his feel for the game. Will improve with experience.

DJ Jefferson looks a lot bigger than I expected. He might envision himself playing on the perimeter, but if he buys in he can be an Admiral type of versatile player.

I hope yall are sitting down when I say this. JJJ was the most impressive player in the game. Looked engaged and locked in unlike we saw very little of last year. Shot open shots and made them. Didn't jack up contested threes. Got lazy on defense a couple of times after we got we up but we know he can handle that part of the game.

I hope yall are sitting down when I say this. JJJ was the most impressive player in the game. Looked engaged and locked in unlike we saw very little of last year. Shot open shots and made them. Didn't jack up contested threes. Got lazy on defense a couple of times after we got we up but we know he can handle that part of the game.
Having multiple offensive options that allow him to feel less responsible and being totally healthy probably are a factor.

Jordan Gainey has been a pleasant surprise so far. Not the greatest athlete, but you can tell he’s the son of a good coach. Seems to have a really good feel for the game and is sound fundamentally.

It was good to see us be able to have a solid offensive outing with a bad shooting night from SV. How many times could we say that the last couple of seasons? Having the firepower to not have to be so reliant on him is huge for this team and should save us from some of those nights where we can’t buy a bucket.

He didn’t play a ton, but Cade Phillips is going to better than what his recruiting ranking may have led us to believe.

If I have any concerns about this team, it is the lack of post depth and the possible over reliance we may have on outside shooting. Overall, though, gotta feel pretty good about this team.

VN Store

Back