The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Many folks signed up for peacock to watch the Yellowstone series. Sign up to watch the VOLS game then binge watch Yellowstone and the other 2 associated series then cancel your subscription.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Is this one of those things where the game will be free on Peacock as long as you actually download the app? Or will we still be expected to pay the monthly fee to watch?

Is this one of those things where the game will be free on Peacock as long as you actually download the app? Or will we still be expected to pay the monthly fee to watch?

Somebody posted that they don’t have a free trial. But I think I also saw a post that there’s a $4.99/month plan although somebody today posted that it’s $9.99.

Reactions: ArdentVol
I know any extra expense can be very burdensome for a lot of people. That being said, if money isn't too tight, it's not a bad deal imo. Six-ish dollars to see the Vols game, and then a month to peruse Peacock as a whole.

It’s not that money is necessarily tight, it’s that I already subscribe to way too many streaming services and also pay for internet and YouTube TV. It’s just becoming so hard to access what you want these days. Everything is on a different service or under a different level of subscription.

It’s just annoying how much you have to pay. I guess the flip side is that unlike years ago, basically any game you want to watch is accessible in some form now, especially college baseball which used to be a wasteland. But it’s not exactly streamlined or user friendly to get what you want.

Oh, it's well beyond "kind of" haha.

In case anyone is also unfamiliar with Peacock, it is a standalone streaming service and not something you can get for free if you receive NBC through a cable provider.

The good thing about them is at least you can get a month and then quit when you watched what you wanted.

I feel like torn ACL's in basketball are far less common than they are in football, but the recovery time is remarkable. Guys like Breece Hall and Javonte Williams both tore their ACL last year in October and were back practicing in July/August and then playing at the start of the season. Both of those guys took at least a month to ease into getting carries and playing time. I'm sure it's a lot different in basketball because you're not getting tackled by 300+ lb men and probably doing far less cutting on your recovering knee.

I was one of the people that was thinking ZZ would be back by conference play. I was going by the NFL time-table of about 9-12 months though. It's insane that he's ready in 7-8ish months!
A full 8 months.

I honestly wish we could’ve at least kept one of those guys for our front court depth…I know roster wise we are full but JJJ was willing to walk-on this summer
Ledlum is the head scratcher to me in how he committed then left prior to school starting - don’t recall that happening before?

ON was pretty transparent on seeking payment for his services and it appears Michigan outbid the European leagues? Hopefully, he can become more consistent at Michigan to increase his future earning potential. He had several 25-7 type games here but couldn’t sustain that level regularly. Nothing but best wishes for him!

Of course Ledlum leaves and balls out.

Oh well. Good for him.
It, of course, stands to reason whether he'd have received enough playing time here to put up 16/14 on a regular basis. My guess is that he discovered how guard-heavy we were and figured playing time might come at a premium. He led St. John's in minutes last night with 33. That wasn't going to be anywhere near the case at Tennessee. So, this may still be a 'big fish, small pond' sort of scenario for him, just in a higher profile conference than the Ivy League he came from.

It, of course, stands to reason whether he'd have received enough playing time here to put up 16/14 on a regular basis. My guess is that he discovered how guard-heavy we were and figured playing time might come at a premium. He led St. John's in minutes last night with 33. That wasn't going to be anywhere near the case at Tennessee. So, this may still be a 'big fish, small pond' sort of scenario for him, just in a higher profile conference than the Ivy League he came from.

I agree. I was just saying good for him.

They were a lot of fun to watch. Johns have a pretty good squad.

Nkahmoua had 25 & 7
Ledlum had 16 & 14

Was about to ask if anyone caught the game.

Drew Pember had 19 points, 3 rebounds and 1 assist in the loss to Michigan. Watched most of it he picked up 2 fouls really quick and then snagged his 3rd early so only played for 21 minutes. Him and ON were guarding each other and the broadcast team kept talking about their time at Tennessee. :cool:

BJ Edwards played 26 minutes off the bench for SMU, 4 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assist, 3 steals, 1 block (did everything but score) - Rob Lanier coaching
Quentin Diboundje started and played 23 minutes he had 7 points, & 4 rebounds - Michael Schwartz coaching
Davonte Gaines started and played 27 minutes he had 12 points, 7 rebounds, 2 steals, 1 assist - Kim English's debut for Providence

All 3 previous assistants open their season with a win.

Last edited:
Ledlum is the head scratcher to me in how he committed then left prior to school starting - don’t recall that happening before?

ON was pretty transparent on seeking payment for his services and it appears Michigan outbid the European leagues? Hopefully, he can become more consistent at Michigan to increase his future earning potential. He had several 25-7 type games here but couldn’t sustain that level regularly. Nothing but best wishes for him!
Didn't Ledlum leave right after JJJ said he was coming back? If so, then it's obvious what happened here.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back