The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

I expected some meltdown in the FF but my goodness.

When we lose a basketball game I think I'll check out a few days.
Eeh basketball is different ..it's 30 games compared to 12...surely nobody expects the Vols to go undefeated in basketball hasn't been done since 76...UNLV came close in 1991....

Eeh basketball is different ..it's 30 games compared to 12...surely nobody expects the Vols to go undefeated in basketball hasn't been done since 76...UNLV came close in 1991....

I wish that were true but.... I mean we had people starting to meltdown during Wofford because we weren't up 50 after 10 minutes. Granted they are drive-bys and people I don't take seriously but this place loves a good meltdown no matter how unwarranted.

You must be new here lol... the same bozo's in the FF come here and complain and make a 1000 threads. You never see them in the BF until we lose...

They sure did. Never fails. No clue why they feel the need to start threads too.
Freak needs to establish a regulars basketball forum, and a drive-by basketball forum. You have to earn your keep in the drive-by forum before earning access to the regulars forum (tongue in cheek).

On a serious note, though, I have no issue with deserved constructive criticism, but the constant flood of miserable whiners who only show up to complain, and the flood of ignorant posters who don't really understand the sport are just so painful to wade thru.

Tough game yesterday. Hard to take much from it. We didn't play our best ball and neither did Purdue. Refs made the game hard to watch and they didn't let either team get in a flow. The number of whistles was totally unacceptable, especially with at least 5-10 being crap calls (both ways). I thought Purdue got the better whistle but Edey's 4th foul notably was a really bad call. I loved the Barnes technical foul personally. Love seeing the fire out of him. Hope we shoot better against Kansas today. We will be hard to beat if we can stop going cold for 5 minute+ stretches or in yesterday's case, most of the 2nd half.

The game last night reminded me, in a way, of this game last February. It was terribly called, turned into a knock-down-drag-out, and had a boatload of whistles. The game had 32 total fouls called. Compare that to 52 last night. Just wow. Also, bias aside, Edey is allowed to camp out in the lane excessively, and is given lots of latitude in his displacement of defenders around him.

Attachments

• IMG_0553.png
    IMG_0553.png
    253.9 KB · Views: 6
The game last night reminded me, in a way, of this game last February. It was terribly called, turned into a knock-down-drag-out, and had a boatload of whistles. The game had 32 total fouls called. Compare that to 52 last night. Just wow. Also, bias aside, Edey is allowed to camp out in the lane excessively, and is given lots of latitude in his displacement of defenders around him.
Edey displacing JJJ going for a rebound is what drew the bench technical against Tennessee. He just forearm-shoved JJJ under the basket.

VN Store

Back