The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

You better put Phillips in the mix. Coach is already showing confidence in his game.

For this team to win an SEC championship or be in an EE or F4 Estrella and Phillips are going to have to be making big contributions by February. Awaka and Aidoo alone doesn’t translate to enough depth inside without going very small. JJJ can be at the 5 in a pinch, but the opponent better not have a 7 footer. Plus Mashack or Knecht would have to be at the 4 which isn’t a good lineup unless we’re playing Wofford. I think that DJ could be an option at the 4 if he’s willing.

Last edited:
Carlton Carrington, 6’5 freshman at Pitt. Through 3 games he’s averaging:
- 18.5 ppg
- 6.3 rpg
- 7.0 apg

Shooting 56.3% FG and 83.3% FT.

Hope this kid players another year in college. WANT lol

I do think the Wisconsin game changed the calculus a bit for some folks. To go to a really tough Power 5 opponent's home court, control the vast majority of the game, and win by double digits is the kind of thing that a top tier team does. Coming into the year, I think most folks considered us ... kinda fringe top tier, but not a surefire thing. At least for now, the game in Madison seems to have convinced a lot of people to bump us into the top tier with no reservations.

I guess it’s Waff. I’m disappointed that it isn’t the Woof ford Terriers.
If the school was brought into the University of Tennessee system, the controversy would be over whether they should be called the Whoo!ford Terriers.
---------------------------

And for the curious, here's a Rat Terrier / Bluetick Coonhound mix...
1699984892367.png
Bet he's still for only 2-3 hours out of 24.

Draymond Green quite literally choked out Rudy Gobert tonight. No idea why the NBA continues to put up with this trash behavior by Greene. He should be suspended for a month, I don’t care how extreme that punishment might sound.

We really just okay with this immature and quite honestly dangerous behavior on a basketball court?? Garbage behavior and sportsmanship, I don’t care how much tempers were flaring.

Draymond Green quite literally choked out Rudy Gobert tonight. No idea why the NBA continues to put up with this trash behavior by Greene. He should be suspended for a month, I don’t care how extreme that punishment might sound.

We really just okay with this immature and quite honestly dangerous behavior on a basketball court?? Garbage behavior and sportsmanship, I don’t care how much tempers were flaring.

Holy crap. You weren't even exaggerating. What a psychopath

Looks like Bama's offensive line. 😂 No idea why either are tolerated.

SIAP!

This is a long read but a VERY good article on Knecht.

Can you believe this guy was 5'6" as a freshman in high school?

Great story!!

I liked the part where his team beat FAU….you know the team we lost to?

Still have nightmares :/

SIAP!

This is a long read but a VERY good article on Knecht.

Can you believe this guy was 5'6" as a freshman in high school?

This part also was interesting:
“When Tennessee initially got involved, some in Knecht’s camp got nervous.

Knecht is a bucket. Tennessee ain’t known for buckets under Rick Barnes.”

I’m glad we figured it out and landed this kid

This part also was interesting:
“When Tennessee initially got involved, some in Knecht’s camp got nervous.

Knecht is a bucket. Tennessee ain’t known for buckets under Rick Barnes.”

I’m glad we figured it out and landed this kid
Those Knecht Campers must read VolNation.

NBA is a clown show.

Haven’t watched it in years.

It’s a soap opera now.

For this team to win an SEC championship or be in an EE or F4 Estrella and Phillips are going to have to be making big contributions by February. Awaka Oluf’s Aidoo alone doesn’t translate to enough depth inside without going very small. JJJ can be at the 5 in a pinch, but the opponent better not have a 7 footer. Plus Mashack or Knecht would have to be at the 4 which isn’t a good lineup unless we’re playing Wofford. I think that DJ could be an option at the 4 if he’s willing.
I couldn't agree with this more. My biggest concern with this team is the lack of low post, back-to-the-basket, create your own shot type of scoring. Tobe Awaka is very good at this but he is the only one. I think Estrella has the potential for it but in the limited minutes that he has played, I haven't seen the inclination to do so. Rebounding is just as big of a concern. Again, Tobe Awaka is very good at it but I see too many other guys watching the shot instead of finding someone to box out.

Reactions: walkenvol

I've said it for years. Draymond is a SCUMBAG

Reactions: Creeker

VN Store

Back