The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

I have no problem with spur of the moment, emotional type posts during the game thread. I seee it as probably just venting or saying whatever comes to mind. But those are usually like "Man we suck" or "this is pathetic". I do that all the time.
Venting against bad play and getting overjoyed and delusional about good play is what the game thread is for. I might say we are headed to the NIT and ten minute later say this is finally the year we win it all.

Reactions: Tenacjim
We have the horses to beat UNC at home, it will just be simply if we can make the shots we should be making and keep our confidence up throughout the game without going cold for stretches like we did last week.

Forget what? He started 58 games here for a reason. He’s averaging 18.8 points & 8.8 rebounds per game so far this season, our fanbase was always too critical of his play here because everyone wanted him to be Grant.
I know of few who thought he would be Grant. He performed well below his potential in 75% of his games at Tennessee. Barnes was baffled at what his upside was and why he too often fell below that. It was a mystery to many. Glad to see him doing his thing at Michigan. Maybe the impetus to achieve to his ability kicked in after he left Tennessee.

We have the horses to beat UNC at home, it will just be simply if we can make the shots we should be making and keep our confidence up throughout the game without going cold for stretches like we did last week.
UNC is better than their ranking. They are chock full of high caliber players and they are taking it hard to the rim this year. No Caleb Love is a good thing for them.

I know of few who thought he would be Grant. He performed well below his potential in 75% of his games at Tennessee. Barnes was baffled at what his upside was and why he too often fell below that. It was a mystery to many. Glad to see him doing his thing at Michigan. Maybe the impetus to achieve to his ability kicked in after he left Tennessee.
“Wanted him to be Grant” isn’t the same thing as saying people thought he would be Grant.

Vanderbilt basketball’s Lee Dort was arrested on charges of aggravated assault and strangulation Sunday, according to records acquired by The Tennessean. Dort’s ex-girlfriend told police that Dort assaulted her in her university dorm room

I’m not saying this to pick on you, but where did the horses metaphor get so popular? I remember Ed Orgeron saying that before Burrow beat the crap out of Bama. Since then, I have thought about a fat Cajun cheater every time someone says it. I heard it on sec network this past weekend. I need to know if that’s a horse racing or a race car saying. Maybe it was just an old Oregon Trail braggart.

I’m not saying this to pick on you, but where did the horses metaphor get so popular? I remember Ed Orgeron saying that before Burrow beat the crap out of Bama. Since then, I have thought about a fat Cajun cheater every time someone says it. I heard it on sec network this past weekend. I need to know if that’s a horse racing or a race car saying. Maybe it was just an old Oregon Trail braggart.
For Tennessee fans, we probably get it from Pat Head Summit's first game coaching the Lady Vols.

Talking to her father after the loss, he reportedly told her, “You don't take donkeys to the Kentucky Derby. You better get you some race horses.”

It likely started with a bible passage that basically says "if you don't have the endurance to keep up with people running on foot, how will you keep up with the horses?"

Reactions: BruisedOrange
14 game stretch between now and the end of January that if we play well we could go on a serious run…favored currently in 12/14, 1 of the 2 we aren’t is essentially a pick em’ at Mississippi State and then the other is tomorrow night at UNC where we will likely be 3-4 point dogs. Be awesome to find a way to win tomorrow and start a run over the next 2 months.

I can't remember such a tough out of conference stretch for vols bball. At Wisconsin, then KU, Purdue, at UNC, NC State neutral site, and Illinois at home. Definitely will learn a lot about the team and they'll get put into high pressure situations ready for SEC play.

Reactions: Vols All Day

VN Store

Back