The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

If Dalton Knecht is out for an extended period of time, this team is about to face a serious reality check. We have a bunch of offensive liabilities on this team at the moment.

Reactions: berryvol
I think we’ll get better as we play together, but we seem to be lacking quickness overall.

Other than ZZ no one else seems to have the ability to keep guys in front of them on the perimeter. Santi uses his smarts and body, but gets called a lot for it.

Hopefully Gainey improves in this area as he gets more comfortable with this style of defending.
I appreciate Gainey’s early season scoring, but he makes too many low basketball IQ plays for a coach’s son. The useless push in the back to Bacott cost us 2 points. Defensively he loses his man way too often. To his credit, the block and ball recovery play was nice.

I appreciate Gainey’s early season scoring, but he makes too many low basketball IQ plays for a coach’s son. The useless push in the back to Bacott cost us 2 points. Defensively he loses his man way too often. To his credit, the block and ball recovery play was nice.
The Otto Porter Shaqtin a Fool moment Gainey had was terrible.

He’s been exposed a bit since the level of competition ramped up, but the biggest problem is his shot selection still. Twice tonight I saw him do that high school move where he pump fakes off the 3 point line and takes an 18 foot shot and I think he missed both times.

1-9 from 3 and he is missing open shots as well. This team cannot afford for him to be a volume shooter that is inefficient, especially if Knecht is down for a long time. He either needs to take fewer shots or better shots or we are going to struggle to score.

He’s gotten away with that against lesser competition, created bad habits.

If he’s a hard worker like the guards around him then we should see Gainey turn a corner.

Barnes has gotta get Cade & JP more minutes during this stretch with Awaka & DK hurt though. Could be critical later this season.

Where the hell was Vescovi tonight? 0 points, took 1 shot.
I don't think Barnes was very happy with his play and attitude/leadership. He sat on the bench for the majority of the 2nd half in his warm-ups. I think he's having trouble adjusting to his new role and perhaps is regretting the decision to come back. JJJ seems to be the anti-Vescovi, right now.

I applauded Santi's team-first attitude earlier this year, but he really showed a lack of leadership in a game where his team needed someone to step up and show some pride.

VN Store

Back