The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

I would disagree. I’ve watched UNC closely this year, and they are for real. Hope we win,but I don’t think we will. We’ve got some ironing out to do.

This is about where I am at. I don’t think we win tomorrow night, but it feels like an important game for us. Obviously, nothing you do in November will make or break your season, but this feels like a seed line game that could help move you up the pecking order come March.

The SEC hasn’t exactly fared all that well in the non-conference so far, so this is a chance to pick up a signature win that means a lot down the line.

Plus, from just a selfish fan standpoint, starting out 4-3 would just suck even when you consider the level of competition.

Reactions: cardvolfan
It’s a class program. I’ll be there in person. Go Vols! Do you not think UNC will be very good?
I do think they are good, but I think we are too…it just sounds like you seem to think it’s more 75/25 type of probability, where as I’m more along the Vegas idea of much closer to 50/50.

Vegas just wants equal betting on both teams. Lines are their best guess at what will entice the public to bet evenly on both teams.
But that’s also telling…they think if they put it at UNC -1+ that the money would hammer Vols, that’s an interesting part that I wouldn’t have predicted.

I do think they are good, but I think we are too…it just sounds like you seem to think it’s more 75/25 type of probability, where as I’m more along the Vegas idea of much closer to 50/50.
I think it could go either way. I would give the home team the edge here, but nothing in the 75/25 category. As always, the team that shoots the best usually wins.

Reactions: IndianapolisVol
Lol I actually forgot I posted it until I saw your reply and thought "Wait he's proabably playing the best tonight and I caught a bad moment."
I was gonna say, of all the things to complain about in this game, JJJ has been of very few bright spots. He's one of the only ones to show a shred of pride and toughness, not to mention offensive flash and drives to the basket we've rarely seen from him.

I think we’ll get better as we play together, but we seem to be lacking quickness overall.

Other than ZZ no one else seems to have the ability to keep guys in front of them on the perimeter. Santi uses his smarts and body, but gets called a lot for it.

Hopefully Gainey improves in this area as he gets more comfortable with this style of defending.

I think we’ll get better as we play together, but we seem to be lacking quickness overall.

Other than ZZ no one else seems to have the ability to keep guys in front of them on the perimeter. Santi uses his smarts and body, but gets called a lot for it.

Hopefully Gainey improves in this area as he gets more comfortable with this style of defending.
Santi has been really bad this season, outside of two 10ish minute stretches in the Syracuse and Kansas games. I hope he finds it, it seems like we’re getting a few guy’s absolute worst to start the season.

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
Really not trying to be overly critical off this (hopefully) aberration of a performance, but man, I’ve about had it with Aidoo. He is charmin soft and gives really questionable effort at times, along with frequently seeming mentally detached from the game going on around him. Really hope we get Awaka healthy and he can take over a 5 role, even if we have to go small most of the time.

Really not trying to be overly critical off this (hopefully) aberration of a performance, but man, I’ve about had it with Aidoo. He is charmin soft and gives really questionable effort at times, along with frequently seeming mentally detached from the game going on around him. Really hope we get Awaka healthy and he can take over a 5 role, even if we have to go small most of the time.

Zero 1st half rebounds by Aidoo.

VN Store

Back