The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

That's not a fact at all, unless you're talking ONLY Bailey's last season and ONLY his 3 PT%

Bailey was 38.5% FG, 49.3% 2PT, 30.4% 3PT (21.8% his last season here drug this down, was 33.8% his Junior year)

Gainey as of now, 35.9% FG, 40.6% 2PT, 32.6% 3PT

He's a better player on the court than Bailey here though because unlike Bailey Gainey puts in work outside just shooting.

He's 2nd on the team right now with 10 steals (Bailey had 25 total in his 2 years here). Gainey is also 4th in assist on the team currently and despite playing the 4th most minutes so far he's got less fouls than Santi, JJJ, and Mashack (making it easier to keep him on the court).

Gainey is better than Bailey (especially the Senior season version we got), but he's not proven to be a better shooter just yet at least not at this level.
I like Gainey but you can’t use his lack of fouls for your argument.
That can be attributed to him possibly not being as physical, certainly being out of position quite a bit on help, and positively getting beat off the dribble more than a guy of his quickness should ever be.

I like Gainey but you can’t use his lack of fouls for your argument.
That can be attributed to him possibly not being as physical, certainly being out of position quite a bit on help, and positively getting beat off the dribble more than a guy of his quickness should ever be.

You missed the entire point of the fouls being mentioned. Gainey doesn't commit a lot of fouls so he's rarely in trouble and having to sit because of it, wasn't a comment on him being a good or bad defender.

Reactions: gainesvol82
You missed the entire point of the fouls being mentioned. Gainey doesn't commit a lot of fouls so he's rarely in trouble and having to sit because of it, wasn't a comment on him being a good or bad defender.
No sir…
I picked up what you were putting down. You missed mine…
I can explain mine if you want or you can trust me and we not just have a good time watching the game tomorrow. Lol

Reactions: chuckiepoo
No sir…
I picked up what you were putting down. You missed mine…
I can explain mine if you want or you can trust me and we not just have a good time watching the game tomorrow. Lol
Definitely need to get the two first half fouls as a defender. If you can escape with one you are elite. Problem there is ya get yanked…

Definitely need to get the two first half fouls as a defender. If you can escape with one you are elite. Problem there is ya get yanked…
Well he was out of position for help and a guy scored and he was back cut for another layup opportunity where Santi picked up a foul so the guy wouldn’t score.
That’s just a few ways you can get fouls quickly if playing d

Reactions: chuckiepoo
This was a great win against a really good Illinois team. Gotta work on breaking the press and I guarantee Rick knows that. In fact, I predict that's the theme of the Vols next practice.

Hot take : Vols will be 10-3 going into conference play and 17-3, 7-0 in the SEC when we play at Kentucky on February 3rd.

Last edited:
Vols up to #9 in rankings by the athletic, Illinois right behind us at #10

Tennessee​

Santiago Vescovi was Tennessee’s leading scorer last season, and he’s been a low-usage player for the Volunteers so far this season with the offense going through Dalton Knecht. But the Vols need more than just Knecht, and Vescovi played more like his last-season self again in an 86-79 win over Illinois on Saturday. He filled the stat sheet with 12 points, nine boards and three assists. With Zakai Zeigler appearing healthier every game, Tennessee is starting to look like the SEC favorite again.

One of K States best rebounders and scorers this year and during the Final 4 run has been dismissed, hit the portal, and is immediately eligible because he just graduated. I wonder who is gonna take on the baggage and add possible major piece to their roster.

One of K States best rebounders and scorers this year and during the Final 4 run has been dismissed, hit the portal, and is immediately eligible because he just graduated. I wonder who is gonna take on the baggage and add possible major piece to their roster.
Any surprise that he’s on memphis’ campus today for a visit?! Lmao

VN Store

Back