The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

In retrospect, this November could end up being exactly what this team needed to make a deep run in March. The early season adversity erases all inflated ideas of who we thought we were and where we should be. It's down to brass tacks and we have to take a hard look at what needs to be improved upon to reach our ultimate goal.

We've had some injuries. Some shooting woes. Some new pieces.

But this early in the season, it is good to have the **** kicked out of you and get real. Our team is not losing to bad teams. They are losing to great teams.

We are a great team as well. Let's see what unfolds from it all.

Last edited:
In retrospect, this November could end up being exactly what this team needed to make a deep run in March. The early season adversity erases all inflated ideas of who we thought we were and where we should be. It's down to brass tacks and we have to take a hard look at what needs to be improved upon to reach our ultimate goal.

We've had some injuries. Some shooting woes. Some new pieces.

But this early in the season, it is good to have the **** kicked out of you and get real. Our team is not losing to bad teams. They are losing to great teams.

We are a great team as well. Let's see what unfolds from it all.
November is all about preparing for the conference and postseason. There are teams floating around 7-0 or 7-1 that are feeling great that are about to get exposed when the night in night out competition hits.

I think all 3 will be fairly limited, but man that's pretty crazy. The caution we took in handling their injuries when they first happened and the players doing their rehab/recovery probably is huge to that quick of a turn around.

I've rolled an ankle before, and it can be scary as hell but also no real damage and back to normal pretty quick too. Just depends glad it sounds like Awaka and DK both didn't have a more severe sprain.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Sounds like Awaka, Knecht and Dilione could all be good to go tonight…probably in that order of most likely to least, but all 3 were full go in practice yesterday.

Will be interesting to see how Dillione looks when he returns. Just hope this doesn’t end up being a nagging injury where he can’t get to 100% all year.

Will be interesting to see how Dillione looks when he returns. Just hope this doesn’t end up being a nagging injury where he can’t get to 100% all year.
He’s a freshman who had a Rival’s ranking of #33. Seems like VN wants to view him as comparable to an instant impact Chandler level recruit. He’s likely to only provide depth this year as he develops whether he’s 100% healthy or not. of course the book’s not written so maybe he will do more?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
He’s a freshman who had a Rival’s ranking of #33. Seems like VN wants to view him as comparable to an instant impact Chandler level recruit. He’s likely to only provide depth this year as he develops whether he’s 100% healthy or not. of course the book’s not written so maybe he will do more?

I mean, I wasn’t implying that in my post. I don’t expect that from Dillione right now. SF has said Dillione looked really good in practice and much more athletic and polished than what we had seen on the court so far, which would imply that this plantar flaciatis tear has impacted him quite a bit.

My only point was I’d like to see what he looks like this season at full speed. It was reported that Phillips last year was facing a nagging injury all year which is why he never looked quite the same after his dominating performance in our November MTE. I would hate to have the same thing happen again.

To be fair he was like a top 15 prospect until he reclassified to get here early. He went through Spring semester and all of summer, I think he was going to push for minutes and not just be a depth guy until the injury.

I don't think Freddie was ever going to be a 1 & done though...he didn't have the same level of instant impact that Chandler offered and he isn't near the athletic and physical body of Julian so he'll have to grind a bit to get to the league. Either way book's not written as you said and the best thing for him to do now is get back to full health and not rush back too soon (same for Awaka & DK as well).

He did enroll early and redshirt last year though, so it’s not totally crazy to have expected him to outperform his HS ranking, especially given the reports from this summer. Just hope he’s able to get back to 100% however that looks though.

VN Store

Back