The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Hmm, is Miss State supposed to be any good? They have some decent wins; nothing spectacular, but imo they look more formidable than Ole Miss at first glance....

I’m not sure I would consider Sharp and Cisse as stiff. Sharp led the nation in blocks. Both have athleticism and can defend.
Where on my post did I even suggest they were stuff? I was just saying that being super tall doesn’t always mean they will clean up on the boards

Where on my post did I even suggest they were stuff? I was just saying that being super tall doesn’t always mean they will clean up on the boards
“There are a lot of taller front lines who can’t rebound because they can’t really move.” That means they aren’t athletic and just “stiff” big men. Doesn’t really matter- we annilated them on the boards. Sharp and Cisse play a role, but they aren’t great offensively. However, they are more athletic than someone like Uros.

Hmm, is Miss State supposed to be any good? They have some decent wins; nothing spectacular, but imo they look more formidable than Ole Miss at first glance....
I believe their best player just came back from an injury and they have been decent without him. This will be a hard game but it's the kind of game that you have to win if your entertaining thoughts of an SEC championship.

“There are a lot of taller front lines who can’t rebound because they can’t really move.” That means they aren’t athletic and just “stiff” big men. Doesn’t really matter- we annilated them on the boards. Sharp and Cisse play a role, but they aren’t great offensively. However, they are more athletic than someone like Uros.
Yes, what I posted was true, and I never referred to those two Ole Miss guys. There are taller front lines who can’t move. That’s true. That doesn’t mean them. In fact, even though I had a typo, I wrote that I wasn’t saying they fit that description, (I typed “it that” and just realized). I feel like ai was clear in saying I wasn’t implying that was the case for them. I never even mentioned Uros in my post, so not sure why his name is coming up. Anyway, Ole Miss is trash and being tall doesn’t make a player a good rebounder, which is quite literally all I was saying. Maybe you’re getting my post mixed up with others posts. Not sure why “being tall doesn’t mean you’re good “ is a hot take.

Yes, what I posted was true, and I never referred to those two Ole Miss guys. There are taller front lines who can’t move. That’s true. That doesn’t mean them. In fact, even though I had a typo, I wrote that I wasn’t saying they fit that description, (I typed “it that” and just realized). I feel like ai was clear in saying I wasn’t implying that was the case for them. I never even mentioned Uros in my post, so not sure why his name is coming up. Anyway, Ole Miss is trash and being tall doesn’t make a player a good rebounder, which is quite literally all I was saying. Maybe you’re getting my post mixed up with others posts. Not sure why “being tall doesn’t mean you’re good “ is a hot take.
You are making this difficult. You initially responded to my post where I specifically mentioned Sharp and Cisse. So, there is no other way I can interpret it based on who I mentioned. Uros was mentioned in a follow up post by someone else as an example of a big guy who wasn’t a great rebounder.

We played great tonight. Sharp averaged nearly 8 rebounds per game at WK, and Cisse averaged 8 per game at OSU. They are averaging less this year probably because of personnel and less minutes. But the point still remains that they are pretty athletic for their size and have shown to be solid rebounders.

You are making this difficult. You initially responded to my post where I specifically mentioned Sharp and Cisse. So, there is no other way I can interpret it based on who I mentioned. Uros was mentioned in a follow up post by someone else as an example of a big guy who wasn’t a great rebounder.

We played great tonight. Sharp averaged nearly 8 rebounds per game at WK, and Cisse averaged 8 per game at OSU. They are averaging less this year probably because of personnel and less minutes. But the point still remains that they are pretty athletic for their size and have shown to be solid rebounders.
Right. And I said “I’ve seen front lines that don’t rebound well” Was saying it’s never a given tall guys rebound well. I may as well just roll with this though and adopt the take that both those dudes are bad. They should be at a junior college. I’m just gonna go full stupid at this point in the evening.

Now we are rolling.

We continue to play this well in conference and UT will win by
at least 2 games probably go 16-2. This won't happen against
the big boys, most likely.

VN Store

Back