The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

It's far larger than 4/14, but the data is a headache to find in a easily reviewable format (and I'm not going to create a spreadsheet to put it all in one...)

But I did find this, seems like the closest example and also a SEC Head Coach that's program gets better treatment than others. An incident that happened with LSU Women's coach Kim Mulkey, and she actually made contact with an official.

Source: NCAA pushes sportsmanship after rise in techs
Coaches have complained that rules are enforced in the regular season don't seem to be called in the NCAA tournament. For example, LSU coach Kim Mulkey was seen far outside the coaching box many times in the championship game against Iowa last season as well as making contact with an official. She didn't receive a warning or a technical foul for either infraction.

Reactions: BruisedOrange
It's far larger than 4/14, but the data is a headache to find in a easily reviewable format (and I'm not going to create a spreadsheet to put it all in one...)

But I did find this, seems like the closest example and also a SEC Head Coach that's program gets better treatment than others. An incident that happened with LSU Women's coach Kim Mulkey, and she actually made contact with an official.

Source: NCAA pushes sportsmanship after rise in techs
Idk the number, but I would say ~25% or less of coaches fit the bill to have been ejected as well as receive multiple techs in the last 2-3 years. Maybe I’m off base.

Reactions: berryvol
Idk the number, but I would say ~25% or less of coaches fit the bill to have been ejected as well as receive multiple techs in the last 2-3 years. Maybe I’m off base.

Well, adding the ejection you would be correct. That's rare air for Oats, I meant the Technical Fouls. But oddly enough SEC, ESPN, and others don't seem to share the data....You can however view how many team fouls and DQs (I'm assuming those are ejections) by team on the NCAA website. I was a bit surprised, Miami has 2 DQs as a team already for example...

Well, adding the ejection you would be correct. That's rare air for Oats, I meant the Technical Fouls. But oddly enough SEC, ESPN, and others don't seem to share the data....You can however view how many team fouls and DQs (I'm assuming those are ejections) by team on the NCAA website. I was a bit surprised, Miami has 2 DQs as a team already for example...
Yea, I mentioned recent ejection as a qualifier in my initial post.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
It used to be highly publicized on broadcasts and on the website what a player is majoring in. But it’s like there was a collective decision to stop that some years ago.

Majors are on utsports dot dom at the very bottom of the player profiles. Under Personal Information. If there isn’t one mentioned it’s probably because they hadn’t declared a major when the website was published.

4/14 does not equal a ton imo, and being comped to Beard & Musselman only strengthens my point
I don't remember insinuating it was a "ton", but the point is that his on-court behavior doesn't land him alone on an island among his peers.

Beard's public perception is primarily based on his off-court issues, so that is immaterial to this discussion if your point is based on the on-court behavior, which is precisely why I asked that question. So, no, it doesn't strengthen your point. It's irrelevant to your point.

Additionally, you can add Jerry Stackhouse to the list. I don't think Pearl has a recent ejection, but we all know he's a hothead and picks up his fair share of techs.

I don't remember insinuating it was a "ton", but the point is that his on-court behavior doesn't land him alone on an island among his peers.

Beard's public perception is primarily based on his off-court issues, so that is immaterial to this discussion if your point is based on the on-court behavior, which is precisely why I asked that question. So, no, it doesn't strengthen your point. It's irrelevant to your point.

Additionally, you can add Jerry Stackhouse to the list. I don't think Pearl has a recent ejection, but we all know he's a hothead and picks up his fair share of techs.
I used the phrasing “a ton” in my post…but I also never said he was alone on an island, nor did I insinuate…as I said if he’s looked at in the same light specifically as guys like Musselman & Beard that only further proves my point.

I’ve never said he’s the worst or the best, a choir boy or a murderer, I said he doesn’t have the best track record and your naming of others similar only proves that point. You seemed to think I was referring to his off court issues and trying to bring them to the court, not the case…just like with Tony V there’s plenty of coaches who have also been tossed, doesn’t matter, that’s the reputation that Tony has and played into his discipline.

I have said I was good either way on a suspension, I thought a T was deserved given the situation and I wouldn’t have an issue saying the same if it was Musselman, Beard, Pearl or even Barnes.

Last edited:
It used to be highly publicized on broadcasts and on the website what a player is majoring in. But it’s like there was a collective decision to stop that some years ago.
It’s on their player page.

Santi just graduated with a degree in Management.

JJJ is working on a Master’s…

Seems like an especially contentious board lately.

Odd, given how well the basketball team is performing, the news of Saban's retirement, and the promise of Heupel's offense in the hands of Nico. All things orange are looking up.

Must be the economy and the disconcerting state of the world, lately. Either that, or McDonalds has announced they're not bringing back the McRib.

Odd, given how well the basketball team is performing, the news of Saban's retirement, and the promise of Heupel's offense in the hands of Nico. All things orange are looking up.

Must be the economy and the disconcerting state of the world, lately. Either that, or McDonalds has announced they're not bringing back the McRib.
I think maybe posivols are just sick of talking about March constantly while we’re playing as well as we are now, leading to more arguing. Def agree that there has been more arguing lately tho

Reactions: BruisedOrange
I think maybe posivols are just sick of talking about March constantly while we’re playing as well as we are now, leading to more arguing. Def agree that there has been more arguing lately tho
I guess as a VolNation service, we could start a Psych Eval thread... but I'm tired of talking about my mother.

Reactions: Lankykong

I actually don't think the "arguments" are anything more than friendly debate on off-days. The Oats thing I don't think anyone was actually upset about. Just differing opinions on the matter being discussed.

Don't worry though, if we lose to Alabama on Saturday this board will be right back to degeneracy with the drive bys calling for Barnes to be fired and discussion on how "Regular Season Rick" can't even win in the regular season anymore. It's going to be so fun!

Anyone have a Nike Tennessee Basketball jersey? Curious if they run big or small. Generally, between a large or XL and they are not returnable.

Anyone have a Nike Tennessee Basketball jersey? Curious if they run big or small. Generally, between a large or XL and they are not returnable.
Yeah, I have a Nike white #1 in 3XL. It's smaller than my Nike, Paul George 3XL, Clippers jersey for some reason. So, If I was you I would go with the XL, but I like my jerseys big

VN Store

Back