The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

If they stay healthy, the Clippers might be able to win the big one this year
They are playing well, right now. It took a minute, but Harden has really helped the Clippers and is playing very unselfishly. Harden's pick and roll with Zubac is a thing of beauty. Klaw is finally completely healthy and balling. PG is still a top 20 player in the NBA. Plus, they have a great bench with Russ and Norman Powell being the 2nd team leaders. I agree, I think this is their best chance to win a championship, but they have to stay healthy like you said

Reactions: chuckiepoo
The total tomorrow is 162. It’s probably been since the 2018-2019 campaign that we’ve played in a game with a total that high.

I think right now I would lean towards the under. I think similar to last year in Knoxville, Alabama hasn’t seen a defense as close to physical as ours on their schedule, which will give them fits. And I just have a feeling that we’re due for a kind of mediocre shooting performance after scoring 85 and 86 the last two games.

Feels like a 75-70 type of game to me.

I think right now I would lean towards the under. I think similar to last year in Knoxville, Alabama hasn’t seen a defense as close to physical as ours on their schedule, which will give them fits. And I just have a feeling that we’re due for a kind of mediocre shooting performance after scoring 85 and 86 the last two games.

Feels like a 75-70 type of game to me.
What’s wild is we didn’t even shoot that great, especially from 3 (pretty average), this team has the capability to hang 100+ and blow the doors off a good team if they all are on one night.

What’s wild is we didn’t even shoot that great, especially from 3 (pretty average), this team has the capability to hang 100+ and blow the doors off a good team if they all are on one night.

Agree on all accounts. It feels like we are building up to a game at some point this season where we bludgeon someone. You would think that we won’t go an entire season without one game where the entire offense is clicking on all cylinders. Whenever that game comes, it will be a lot of fun.

Looks like UT -5.5 right now for tomorrow’s game.

better than I expected honestly

Same. Hopefully everyone going to the game will be engaged and make TBA/FCC a nightmare for everyone wearing crimson. Team will have to bring it and play very well, but we also are going to need a tremendous home court advantage.

My biggest concern is Coach Barnes not being comfortable using his bench and Alabama wearing us down. I've seen their offense go off in the final minutes of games. There is just a lot of stress trying to guard that system for 40 minutes. Hopefully we see some minutes from our freshman like the last game.

My biggest concern is Coach Barnes not being comfortable using his bench and Alabama wearing us down. I've seen their offense go off in the final minutes of games. There is just a lot of stress trying to guard that system for 40 minutes. Hopefully we see some minutes from our freshman like the last game.
We can do it with 8 imo if we avoid foul trouble, means 1 of Gainey, Dillione or Estrella will have to play. Wonder if Barnes gives Gainey first crack considering his experience against this kind of competition.

We can do it with 8 imo if we avoid foul trouble, means 1 of Gainey, Dillione or Estrella will have to play. Wonder if Barnes gives Gainey first crack considering his experience against this kind of competition.
8 if we spread the minutes. I think a ninth player will see the floor but not sure how much. I think I would trust Gainey a little more in this game.

I’ll gladly take a 5 point win lol
This game concerns me....a lot. Everyone is gushing over Knecht and rightfully so, but is he a lottery pick or just a really good player on a hot streak? Some are making him sound like the second coming. Not sure he's that kind of elite. This team has had games where way too many of our guys all go cold at the same time. Can't help but wonder when the shoe will drop again. Plus, Bama is a really good team. They've been tested and they kind of remind me of some of Pearl's early teams. Will Knecht continue his roll? Will Vescovi and JJJ show up offensively? Game might come down to the matchup between ZZ and Sears. Big, big game today.

VN Store

Back