The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

I don’t really think there is a way to sugar coat it. Just an inexcusable loss. Losing on the road is one thing. Losing at home to an unranked opponent is another.

Tonight, Barnes did get throughly out-coached. And now it’s a steep climb if you want to win the conference.

We’re not winning the conference and we likely never were with the schedules that Bama and Auburn play. Doesn’t make today any less acceptable and kills our bid for a 1 seed. Gotta be perfect from here out if we want even an outside chance at a 1.

Reactions: cardvolfan
We’re not winning the conference and we likely never were with the schedules that Bama and Auburn play. Doesn’t make today any less acceptable and kills our bid for a 1 seed. Gotta be perfect from here out if we want even an outside chance at a 1.

I don't think that is even remotely true

I don't think that is even remotely true
You think we’ll get a 1 seed if we finish third in the SEC? Because Alabama and Auburn are above/tied with us in the standings right now and we will not pass them without being damn near perfect. They have much easier schedules the rest of the way out.

Seems like throwing mud at Tennessee is being done to hide the ACTIVE investigation going on with Michigan.
The NCAA has been stalling for Harbaugh for 2 years now. It's intentional. The NCAA is incredibly -- and incredibly obviously -- corrupt.

That's the long-standing truth-bomb joke, right? Some favorite was cheating: somebody else is about to be punished for it.

Last edited:
You could see this loss coming. One of the Chris's mentioned it last game. TN has the look of an offense standing around waiting for DK to ignite. It was eventually going to catch up with them. Plenty of time to fix it before March.
Part of that is on DK too. He has to drive and kick out to open shooters to try and get teammates involved. Once he comes across half court with the ball it's going up.

I don’t really think there is a way to sugar coat it. Just an inexcusable loss. Losing on the road is one thing. Losing at home to an unranked opponent is another.

Tonight, Barnes did get throughly out-coached. And now it’s a steep climb if you want to win the conference.
Unranked, yes, but they’re 18-3 with 2 wins over top 5 teams… that’s a damn good squad. We’ll assess and move forward. Good to get this loss out of the way earlier rather than later.

Unranked, yes, but they’re 18-3 with 2 wins over top 5 teams… that’s a damn good squad. We’ll assess and move forward. Good to get this loss out of the way earlier rather than later.
This. I’m very annoyed with this loss, but it’s to a solid squad and we did everything we could to lose and still had a chance at the end. If we lose a game like this a month from now, I’ll be concerned. Lots of time to make corrections in the mean time.

You think we’ll get a 1 seed if we finish third in the SEC?

you are now implying we have to finish undefeated to do better than 3rd in conference standings. You are also implying the committee will care (they won’t)

They’ll look at our strength of schedule and our wins and losses. Not who finished ahead of us or not in conference.

Point is, I understand maybe you are using hyperbole. I understand being heated after a loss. But I just don’t fundamentally agree with your statement.

It’s just a very disappointing outcome. I’m honestly not sure a win against Kentucky even makes up for this loss, although it certainly would help. Q2 loss at home. And we still have to play in Columbia.

I’m mostly disappointed in the lack of composure this team had down the stretch. This is a veteran team that basically chucked up bad shots from about the 7 minute mark to 2 minute mark and we looked visibly shaken. A team with that much experience shouldn’t get bullied on their home court and then let it mentally affect them as well.

This team has also just looked rough since the week off. It completely stalled our momentum and we’ve played 3 halves of bad basketball in 4 tries.

I hate losing, especially to inferior teams (Mississippi State & South Carolina now) but damn it's something watching Dalton Knecht play. I just hope that all these off nights are out of our system come March. When the team is playing good and confident we're more than capable of making a Final Four run or winning everything.

But we're also still capable of having nights like tonight and losing to a team we should beat. I mean maybe South Carolina is pretty damn good and them not being ranked coming into TBA was extra fire in their belly... But honestly that loss was about the rest of the team outside Dalton/Santi. Missing at all 3 levels and playing lazy defense.

Looks like Saturday is going to be a slug fest.

Don’t think Tennessee nor KY can stop each other from scoring.

SC is a much better defensive team.

Reactions: knoxvol52

VN Store

Back