The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

I suppose they are getting punished for their poor analytic scores.

Feels that way. But the AP poll has often felt like the one aspect of “rankings” that isn’t metrics driven. FAU has two awful losses, plays in a worse conference, and has a similar number of quality wins. FAU being Top 20 with the Gamecocks unranked is just weird to me.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Feels that way. But the AP poll has often felt like the one aspect of “rankings” that isn’t metrics driven. FAU has two awful losses, plays in a worse conference, and has a similar number of quality wins. FAU being Top 20 with the Gamecocks unranked is just weird to me.
Idk…FAU has 5 Top 60 wins and SC has 3, FAU also has a much better win than anything SC has. Yes they have 2 bad losses, but SC has 1 as well…I don’t think it’s crazy to have FAU above SC, essentially every analytics ranking agrees as well.

Hell Bama with 6 losses is still ahead of South Carolina too.

Hell Bama with 6 losses is still ahead of South Carolina too.

True. I guess I could understand Alabama more than South Carolina. I know the why behind South Carolina now being ranked. Just a tad surprised. Feels like AP voters are slowly becoming more metrics driven than they use to be. Maybe I’m wrong. Just what it looks like on the surface level.

True. I guess I could understand Alabama more than South Carolina. I know the why behind South Carolina now being ranked. Just a tad surprised. Feels like AP voters are slowly becoming more metrics driven than they use to be. Maybe I’m wrong. Just what it looks like on the surface level.

South Carolina has the most Votes of any team outside top 25, but they have played a pretty weak schedule. Beating Kentucky is the only real quality win.

Think Aidoo could have a big game tonight, might be a 20+ game.

Think South Carolina is going to sell out & try and stop DK.
I believe SC will extend Mack out of the paint some tonight to try get Aidoo stretched out from under the rim to open up the lane for the guards. Might see a lot of ball screens on the perimeter with their 5 and force the guards to defend lanes into the paint and at the rim.

VN Store

Back