The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

They also have 4 guys who average 7+PPG, Tennessee has 6…if you total the PPG for the top 6 for each team it’s almost identical.
They average 7 points more than we do and they out score their opponents by 16 points on average vs our 12.5 points.

Not identical IMO.

Beet, maybe you’re not the basketball mind that you think you are, Bucko.

They average 7 points more than we do and they out score their opponents by 16 points on average vs our 12.5 points.

Not identical IMO.

Beet, maybe you’re not the basketball mind that you think you are, Bucko.
Edey scores 27.2% of Purdue’s points, Knecht is responsible for 25.6% of Tennessee’s.

Edey scores 27.2% of Purdue’s points, Knecht is responsible for 25.6% of Tennessee’s.
Dalton also averages less minutes per game than Edey.

If you remove Edey and Dalton from their respective team’s stat sheets the next 5 highest scorers on our team combine for 45 points per game. Purdue’s next 5 highest scorers average a combined 50 points per game.

Remove Edey’s 23 PPG and Dalton’s 20 PPG and Purdue still averages 5 more PPG than we do.

It’s not apples-to-apples.

But hey, let’s agree to disagree.

So based on the trends so far, good defenses = trouble, road games = trouble

at Kentucky
vs LSU
at A&M
at Arkansas
Vandy
at Missouri
A&M
Auburn
at Bama
at South Carolina

vs Kentucky

The bold are all going to be tough games. South Carolina, Auburn, Miss State, & A&M are in the top 5 SEC defenses with us. Thankfully 2 of these matchups we get at home but those 4 games to close the season out are going to be rough. If we can get to the Auburn game with 1 or less losses then I like our chances to be a top 2 seed.

This year's schedule wasn't going to be a high regular season win total though...it's a "get you ready for the tournament" type of schedule. Sure hope it pays off, been a fun season either way watching Dalton play but I also don't want to it to end with an early exit in March. Will be far more special if he's the piece that gets us to our first Final Four.

This year's schedule wasn't going to be a high regular season win total though...it's a "get you ready for the tournament" type of schedule. Sure hope it pays off, been a fun season either way watching Dalton play but I also don't want to it to end with an early exit in March. Will be far more special if he's the piece that gets us to our first Final Four.
Good point here. We probably had the hardest non-conference schedule in the country this year.

Given last night, I'm preparing myself to get run out of Rupp Saturday night.

I think Dalton could put on a real show, first time playing in Rupp and the wildcats don't seem to play defense at all. The only issue is they've only been held to under 80 3 times this season and 2 were road games (they beat Arkansas though).

We can't let it get into a shootout like at UNC turned into. Gotta hold them in check and also need the rest of the shooters to take and make shots.

Ugonna is their only big that really likes to play physical and inside. Mitchell and big Z both like to take outside shots.

They looked gassed at the end of the Florida game gave up 48 in 2nd half and then 10 in OT.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I think Dalton could put on a real show, first time playing in Rupp and the wildcats don't seem to play defense at all. The only issue is they've only been held to under 80 3 times this season and 2 were road games (they beat Arkansas though).

We can't let it get into a shootout like at UNC turned into. Gotta hold them in check and also need the rest of the shooters to take and make shots.

Ugonna is their only big that really likes to play physical and inside. Mitchell and big Z both like to take outside shots.

They looked gassed at the end of the Florida game gave up 48 in 2nd half and then 10 in OT.
Bradshaw will play in the post and is capable. He put up 12 on UNC and Bacot, 10 on Florida's big men in the 1st matchup, and 11 on MSU and Tolu Smith. Combined for 16 rebounds in those three games, too.

Bradshaw will play in the post and is capable. He put up 12 on UNC and Bacot, 10 on Florida's big men in the 1st matchup, and 11 on MSU and Tolu Smith. Combined for 16 rebounds in those three games, too.

He only played 9 minutes last night though...but he's capable for sure. Hoping his lack of production since 11 against MSU continues.

But really it'll depend on which Aidoo shows up and how the officials call it. Against South Carolina he missed some easy shots at the rim but also got a lot of physical play on both ends from Mack.

True. The schedule has been tough. And the SEC has greatly improved. But I also think with how fluky March can be winning the SEC is a special accomplishment and something I personally believe would be disappointing if we fail to reach that goal.

We’ll see how the season finishes, but I think 13-5 in the league this year with a likely 3rd or 4th place finish with that record would be, for me, disappointing. Yeah a Final Four would completely erase all that disappointment instantly, but I’ve learned not to expect or hang my hat on success in March. I want to win something. Whatever it may be. Just don’t want to leave this season with a generational talent like Knecht with zero championships or accomplishments.

Dalton also averages less minutes per game than Edey.

If you remove Edey and Dalton from their respective team’s stat sheets the next 5 highest scorers on our team combine for 45 points per game. Purdue’s next 5 highest scorers average a combined 50 points per game.

Remove Edey’s 23 PPG and Dalton’s 20 PPG and Purdue still averages 5 more PPG than we do.

It’s not apples-to-apples.

But hey, let’s agree to disagree.
So pretty similar, got it.

Still projected as the top 2 seed on Bracketmatrix as of 1/30 after our loss to SC. Would love to get a win this weekend to sort of solidify ourselves to be in the conversation for a 1 seed.

VN Store

Back