The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Looks like another price increase coming for the 24-25 season. My tickets got jacked up another $50/ticket. Overall price is now at 3x what I was paying from 4 years ago.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
During the 7 game stretch DK was hurt (George Mason, Illinois, Georgia Southern, NCST, Tarleton, Norfolk St., Mississippi) we had the #19 offense on Bart Torvik at almost 1.2 adjusted ppp. Not bad at all really.
Already been hashed out, brotha.

But yeah, great run we had against teams ranked 84, 303, 80, 182, 200 and 57.

Also, he wasn’t hurt against Illinois, he scored 21 points, was our leading scorer.

Tell me you don’t understand advanced stats without telling me you don’t understand advanced stats 😂
I don’t understand you and the simpleton @Col_Cathcart rehashing a back and forth I had with BTO. I’ll give you credit because at least you’ll reply to my post directly unlike Col.

My point has always been that if Dalton goes down the team is screwed. You’re apparently too deep in the mud to see that.

If you think this team wins 24-25 games and makes it past the first or second round without Dalton Knecht you’re crazy.

Reactions: vols 30
I don’t understand you and the simpleton @Col_Cathcart rehashing a back and forth I had with BTO. I’ll give you credit because at least you’ll reply to my post directly unlike Col.

My point has always been that if Dalton goes down the team is screwed. You’re apparently too deep in the mud to see that.

If you think this team wins 24-25 games and makes it past the first or second round without Dalton Knecht you’re crazy.

UT is a bubble team team without him. Unless JJJ and Vescovi leads the way 😆

Reactions: IndianapolisVol

I know there’s no point arguing with a fence post. Just trying to pass that wisdom along.

No one thinks this is a 24 win team without Knecht. Your stupid take was that Purdue wouldn’t be hosed without Edey but you’ve been too deep in your own argument to see how far out you were.

If Dalton went down on Saturday (god forbid) how many points would this team score per game? 55?

It’s a valid point that the team would be significantly worse without DK, but it’s one of those things that doesn’t really matter (unless it happens God forbid). Kind of like if a Purdue fan asked how many points per game they would average without Edey. Take away a National Player of the Year candidate and any team will drop off. Very, very few teams have a player or set of players who can fill those shoes.

Regardless, we certainly need more contributions from other players if this team is going to get where we all want it to go.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

And I cited statistics that show that, even when accounted for the strength of teams we played against, you're wrong. If SDSU could advance to the NCG with an offense worse than ours last year, this years offense is good enough.

Beyond that, I'm responding to the asinine "we'd only score 55 points per game" take which is patently false.

I know there’s no point arguing with a fence post. Just trying to pass that wisdom along.

No one thinks this is a 24 win team without Knecht. Your stupid take was that Purdue wouldn’t be hosed without Edey but you’ve been too deep in your own argument to see how far out you were.
I never said they wouldn’t be hosed. I said that Dalton is more crucial to this team than Edey is to Purdue. I’ve fully acknowledged it being a hot take, but I’ve used statistics to support my argument.

What’s the point of a forum if people can’t express their opinions? At least others like Beet and 410 have counterpoints. You do not.

You’re too passive aggressive to respond to me directly or even express your opinion on the matter. Instead you ride other people’s posts and use it to insult others. What a great poster you are.

Look at your post history and tell me what you contribute to this board. You passive, agreeable little stain.

See, not so fun being insulted, huh?

You can either express an opinion and bring something to the table or you can do yourself a favor and click ignore by my profile.

And I cited statistics that show that, even when accounted for the strength of teams we played against, you're wrong. If SDSU could advance to the NCG with an offense worse than ours last year, this years offense is good enough.

Beyond that, I'm responding to the asinine "we'd only score 55 points per game" take which is patently false.
Take away Dalton and compare this roster to last year’s roster. Everyone would agree that we had more scoring potential on last year’s team. Yet, we scored less than 70 PPG in about half of our contests and averaged exactly 70 PPG for the duration of the season.

55 was an exaggeration, and IIRC was even suggested as a question. However, the total would certainly be less than it was last year.

Your thoughts?

lol you seem like you’d miss me, but that’s not the kind of post I was talking about.

I was comparing you to a fence post but it went over your head 🤣🤣🤣🤣
No, I got it, I’m just not going to acknowledge the awkward guy who makes the same joke in 2 different posts and then explains said joke in a 3rd post.

VN Store

Back