The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

@cncchris33 JJJ showed up huge! If he closes the season on a hot streak like tonight we’re dancing for awhile.

ZZ definitely deserved player of the game, huge response by the veteran guys. Hopefully the team ignores the records and plays well in this next 6 game stretch, get to Auburn with no more losses and we’ll still be in the hunt for the regular season title.

@cncchris33 JJJ showed up huge! If he closes the season on a hot streak like tonight we’re dancing for awhile.

ZZ definitely deserved player of the game, huge response by the veteran guys. Hopefully the team ignores the records and plays well in this next 6 game stretch, get to Auburn with no more losses and we’ll still be in the hunt for the regular season title.
Huge game for him! Huge! Santi, Aidoo, ZZ, they were all great, too. No one played poorly. This is the version of our team that had people thinking F4. This is what it looks like when it all is put together. You can say the defense wasn't there like it is in many games, but UK has a top-10 offense, so that somewhat excusable with that many possessions.

Kentucky’s team defense is among the worst I’ve ever seen from an SEC team.

Onyenso is a big reason. He has no idea what’s going on out there.

But their offense is as good as advertised. They are basically the opposite of our team last year.

It’s selfish basketball. They play incredible offense and have shot makers everywhere, but they do not care about defense. They care about getting their points for draft position. It’s the risk you take when you play mostly 5-star freshmen.

Just watching the effort they exerted on offense compared to the effort they put in on defense, it’s like night and day.

Huge game for him! Huge! Santi, Aidoo, ZZ, they were all great, too. No one played poorly. This is the version of our team that had people thinking F4. This is what it looks like when it all is put together. You can say the defense wasn't there like it is in many games, but UK has a top-10 offense, so that somewhat excusable with that many possessions.
Dillingham was unconscious but it didn’t matter

But their offense is as good as advertised. They are basically the opposite of our team last year.
It's atrocious. They've been giving up the easy inbounds dunk all season long and still haven't stopped it. ZZ was just driving from 30 feet to the hoop and Cats couldn't even be bothered to swipe at the ball, let alone move their feet. I love it!

It's atrocious. They've been giving up the easy inbounds dunk all season long and still haven't stopped it. ZZ was just driving from 30 feet to the hoop and Cats couldn't even be bothered to swipe at the ball, let alone move their feet. I love it!
Yeah the ZZ drives showed two glaring issues.

One is they can’t guard the ball or navigate a screen cause he’d beat his man.

Second is they wouldn’t play help defense after he beat his man. Just wild. Bearden has a better coached defense.

Yep. I mean they were down 11 with 20 seconds left and still fouling. Dillingham is a bucket, and he scored 35, but he probably gave up 30-35 on defense. He just doesn’t care about it.

The NBA doesn’t care about defense either.

He won’t be at Kentucky next year any way.

Getting Dilly and Onyenso in a PNR was an auto bucket all night. They are so bad on D lol

Hell, half the time when we sent the 5 out to screen for ZZ, Dillingham had his back completely turned to ZZ before the screen was even set. Ziegler was at the foul line before Dilly even realized he had rejected the screen. His on ball defense is just hilariously bad.

He was awesome shooting the ball tonight, but he has no shot at the next level playing defense like that. There are only a handful of players in the NBA allowed to get away with defense that bad.

I'm pretty sure they were fouling trying to get Dillingham the record for points off the bench in a game. I'm glad we keep going to the hoop in the meanwhile. If we'd made the late free throws we'd have been close to 110.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

The NBA cares a lot about defending. It's just very hard to play it there because of the rules. That makes people who can defend much more valuable. Marvin Bagley can go 20-10 every game he gets minutes, but his defense is awful so he barely plays if people aren't injured on whatever team he lands on.

VN Store

Back