The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

The NBA cares a lot about defending. It's just very hard to play it there because of the rules. That makes people who can defend much more valuable. Marvin Bagley can go 20-10 every game he gets minutes, but his defense is awful so he barely plays if people aren't injured on whatever team he lands on.
DK being here is also a great example of this. He’s graded out terribly on that end in the past and it’s hurt him in draft evaluations. His improvements on that end are also another reason for his skyrocketing draft stock, along with the obvious scoring boon.

The NBA cares a lot about defending. It's just very hard to play it there because of the rules. That makes people who can defend much more valuable. Marvin Bagley can go 20-10 every game he gets minutes, but his defense is awful so he barely plays if people aren't injured on whatever team he lands on.

Yup. The concept of bad defense in the NBA is an illusion.

It’s a combination of unbelievably talented offensive players, rules that greatly benefit scoring, and a long season with longer games where players do take possessions off from time to time.

But if you’ve ever watched the playoffs, it’s obvious defense matters a lot.

Yup. The concept of bad defense in the NBA is an illusion.

It’s a combination of unbelievably talented offensive players, rules that greatly benefit scoring, and a long season with longer games where players do take possessions off from time to time.

But if you’ve ever watched the playoffs, it’s obvious defense matters a lot.
It will never happen because of the lost revenue it would cause, but the NBA would be such a better product if the regular season were shortened to 50-60 games. 82 is way too many, especially with how long the playoffs last.

Last edited:
I've always wanted to know this, why do basketball teams wear white at home and orange or whatever on the road? It's the exact opposite in football.

One last thing tonight - how about Cameron Carr? Absolutely electric off the bench providing a great spark that helped us keep a multi-possession lead going into half. Massive sequence from a guy that hasn’t played in a while and a big balls move from Barnes that paid dividends.
Yeah, he hasn’t got his shot yet, but he’s doing a lot of little things right on offense whenever he’s in, and has flashed on defense a few times too. I’m loving the potential of this freshman class.

Kentucky fans turned on Cal. Now they’ve turned on Matt Jones. Cal ducks the postgame show. It’s chaos. And we’re reaping the benefits.

Attachments

• IMG_6803.jpeg
    IMG_6803.jpeg
    21.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Great game by jjj last night, great to see. Really think jjj has had a wrist injury that’s been affecting his shot. Last night was the first time in a while he hasn’t had his wrist taped up, don’t think it’s a coincidence that he started being more assertive and shooting better.

I expect Kansas will jump us in the polls. Question is, what happens to Houston?

I think they probably stay ahead of us and we drop to 6

Kentucky’s team defense is among the worst I’ve ever seen from an SEC team.

Onyenso is a big reason. He has no idea what’s going on out there.

But their offense is as good as advertised. They are basically the opposite of our team last year.
Well, he was good enough to cause problems for our 2nd leading scorer tonight. I think Aidoo was quite bothered by his length tonight. Had Aidoo been able to operate a little better, we might have beat them by 15-20.

One last thing tonight - how about Cameron Carr? Absolutely electric off the bench providing a great spark that helped us keep a multi-possession lead going into half. Massive sequence from a guy that hasn’t played in a while and a big balls move from Barnes that paid dividends.
Exactly! He will be exciting to watch next year.

Well, he was good enough to cause problems for our 2nd leading scorer tonight. I think Aidoo was quite bothered by his length tonight. Had Aidoo been able to operate a little better, we might have beat them by 15-20.

I agree he was fine as a 1-on-1 defender. That’s why I specified “team defense”. it was switch and help defense that him and Mitchell got murdered on.

It was really nice seeing the veterans who have helped build this program be the ones to close it out. Weird to see Knecht on the bench the last few minutes till the foul fest began, but that stretch from the 4 minute mark to 1 minute mark where ZZ, Santi, JJJ, and Mashack led the charge was great to see.
I know the announcers mentioned once or twice but JJJ and Vescovi both played like it was there last chance to play in Rupp and boy did they make the best of it.

Agreed - I thought Aidoo was out of sorts again like at SC missing shots he been making most of this season. Hated to see Barnes pull Awaka with the 4th foul as he was battling harder than Aidoo. JMO

VN Store

Back