The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Gameday is putting together their College All-Star starting 5 right now. They put Dalton Knecht at the 3, as they should. But of course Bammer Rece Davis said he’d have kept Knecht as the 6th man LOL. No way in hell is DK not a starter.
Who were their other selections besides Edey?

There is a lot more to basketball than scoring points.
Very insightful...lol.

Of course there is "more" than scoring points which is why I don't join in on the posters who were so negative on JJJ other than to say he has to score more than a few points in 29 min because he provides much more than points.

I love Santi but what we really expect and need from him as a former All SEC shooting guard is 3's given he is limited at the other 2 levels...especially if we are going to get a high seed and make a run in March - that's the point.

Last edited:
Very insightful...lol

It actually is. :).
Your comments detailed his lack of scoring, but he does so much more that is extremely valuable to this team. I would love to see him find his stroke but his value far exceeds just scoring for this team. I believe he is dealing with some sort of injury which is affecting his shooting.

I actually wouldn’t be surprised to see UK pull this out.

Pearl has a losing record to Cal believe it or not.

I think Auburn rolls because it's at Auburn. At Rupp I'd take the Cats since Auburn is a different team away from home.

I'm not surprised Pearl has a losing record to Cal; Pearl sucked versus UK here.

It actually is. :).
Your comments detailed his lack of scoring, but he does so much more that is extremely valuable to this team. I would love to see him find his stroke but his value far exceeds just scoring for this team. I believe he is dealing with some sort of injury which is affecting his shooting.
Not really Captain Obvious...other than Knecht (who has greatly improved his defense and decision-making), name 1 of our starters who doesn't do more than score. For that matter, show me any of our regular rotational players who don't do more than score (hint: you can't name one because CRB wouldn't start/play them if they didn't do more than score).

So, if you want to make the case that the Santi who scores 6 or less points (which has happened in almost half our games) is all good and we will achieve our goals this season because he "does so much more" then I don't know what to tell you.

And maybe there is some sort of injury which has caused his hesitancy to shoot and created his unpredictable scoring pattern this season. Thankfully, he looked like the All SEC player we know he is last night...hopefully that trend continues

Last edited:
Not really Captain Obvious...other than Knecht (who has greatly improved his defense and decision-making), name 1 of our starters who doesn't do more than score. For that matter, show me any of our regular rotational players who don't do more than score (hint: you can't name one because CRB wouldn't start/play them if they didn't do more than score).

So, if you want to make the case that the Santi who scores 6 or less points (which has happened in almost half our games) is all good and we will achieve our goals this season because he "does so much more" then I don't know what to tell you.

And maybe there is some sort of injury which has caused his hesitancy to shoot and created his unpredictable scoring pattern this season. Thankfully, he looked like the All SEC player we know he is last night...hopefully that trend continues
Well, the FACT that CRB continues to start him and give him starter minutes should ALSO tell YOU something. He rescued 2 or 3 possessions last night with his hustle and extraordinary plays. His and JJJ's defensive play makes the whole thing go. Aidoo's flexibility and Awaka's growing understanding of defensive positioning and switching allows ZZZ, Gainey, and Mashack to overplay the passing lanes and disrupt gameplans. Sure, if the other team can execute if they make a half dozen great to perfect passes, but those are fewer and further between than bad late in clock shots and turnovers.

WHEN the other team gets on a run, look back and see who Coach throws out there.... another big clue. Prefer the deadeye shooting version of Santi, but his total role is what it is....

Smart move by Vandy to fire Stackhouse now before the season ends. Their two best players are both seniors so nothing to try and salvage to keep them around another year. Going to be a difficult hire given the state of their program. I like their 6'6 frosh wing Jason Rivera-Torres, originally from the Bronx. He has been not so good as of late but opened up the SEC schedule with a string of some nice performances. Has potential. I think he just needs some better coaching and learn what a "good shot" looks like.

VN Store

Back