The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Smart move by Vandy to fire Stackhouse now before the season ends. Their two best players are both seniors so nothing to try and salvage to keep them around another year. Going to be a difficult hire given the state of their program. I like their 6'6 frosh wing Jason Rivera-Torres, originally from the Bronx. He has been not so good as of late but opened up the SEC schedule with a string of some nice performances. Has potential. I think he just needs some better coaching and learn what a "good shot" looks like.
That’s a fake account lol but I do think stackhouse will be let go after the season

Reactions: Namorto1
Smart move by Vandy to fire Stackhouse now before the season ends. Their two best players are both seniors so nothing to try and salvage to keep them around another year. Going to be a difficult hire given the state of their program. I like their 6'6 frosh wing Jason Rivera-Torres, originally from the Bronx. He has been not so good as of late but opened up the SEC schedule with a string of some nice performances. Has potential. I think he just needs some better coaching and learn what a "good shot" looks like.

Good points. But missed the mark because it’s Richard G West.

Well, the FACT that CRB continues to start him and give him starter minutes should ALSO tell YOU something. He rescued 2 or 3 possessions last night with his hustle and extraordinary plays. His and JJJ's defensive play makes the whole thing go. Aidoo's flexibility and Awaka's growing understanding of defensive positioning and switching allows ZZZ, Gainey, and Mashack to overplay the passing lanes and disrupt gameplans. Sure, if the other team can execute if they make a half dozen great to perfect passes, but those are fewer and further between than bad late in clock shots and turnovers.

WHEN the other team gets on a run, look back and see who Coach throws out there.... another big clue. Prefer the deadeye shooting version of Santi, but his total role is what it is....

You seem to have me confused with someone who is arguing that Santi doesn't contribute since he is not scoring or that maybe Santi's minutes should be reduced...suggest you go re-read my posts

Last edited:
Just an appreciation post for what this basketball program has become. We’ve had many in our fan base act like the sky is falling all throughout this season yet, as another Monday rolls around, we will comfortably be in the top 10, as we have been all season. I hope we find the next gear over these final 3 weeks, but the fact that this team, already great and stable, even has another gear to get to is incredible. Enjoy the success we currently have - hopefully we can finally turn it into a march run!

Just an appreciation post for what this basketball program has become. We’ve had many in our fan base act like the sky is falling all throughout this season yet, as another Monday rolls around, we will comfortably be in the top 10, as we have been all season. I hope we find the next gear over these final 3 weeks, but the fact that this team, already great and stable, even has another gear to get to is incredible. Enjoy the success we currently have - hopefully we can finally turn it into a march run!
I have followed the BBALL Vols since my dad started taking me to games when I was in elementary school back in the late 80s. This current team has been a special group to watch.

Agreed, basketball is a game of runs and streaks. We have guys go off one game and no-show the next, it happens. You'll have stretches in game where you can't miss followed by stretches where you can't buy a bucket.

I think most of us were hoping for 13-5 in SEC play, still on the table don't think it'll be enough for a regular season title though. Bama's schedule is more favorable than ours.

We're absolutely blessed man. And its not just on the court success either because their maturity in how they handle themselves show up every game. With the constant complaining and throwing their hands in the air at every foul called by players across the country it's so cool to see how they represent themselves and the University.

Now, having said that, like you said lets find that March gear and make history! GBO!!!

Are we gonna have to root for UK again this weekend when they play that other Alabama team? It sucks rooting for them

Anybody else catch that interaction between Aidoo and the official late in the 2nd half after his last block? The ball went out of bounds and it was called out on UT but Aidoo quick signaled the other way... then it looked like the official was trying to explain the call but JA just started shaking his head no and ran away from him smiling. Good stuff and probably the most personality I've ever seen out of him.

VN Store

Back