The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

That video makes him appear to be extremely slow footed. He clearly has some skills, but can’t see him meshing with our switching defense. I suspect he’d be a pass.
You are correct. He’s good where he is, like Pember at UNCA. No shame in that, still a great career and great achievements, it just doesn’t always translate to the bigger leagues.

Which is so dumb. Very good chance we have 2 losses in front of us between now and the NCAAT. Anyone who freaks out about that is crazy, would probably do us some good to take another loss before the tourney (preferably Friday or Saturday of the SECT lol)
Not the worst idea. Heard a guy on radio the other day say that coaches of teams that are pretty much assured of their seeding don’t mind getting knocked out of the conference tournament early. Playing 3 or 4 games in a row through Sunday is tough enough and then turn around and possibly play on Thursday. Get an extra day or two of rest.

Reactions: OrangeInKy
Not the worst idea. Heard a guy on radio the other day say that coaches of teams that are pretty much assured of their seeding don’t mind getting knocked out of the conference tournament early. Playing 3 or 4 games in a row through Sunday is tough enough and then turn around and possibly play on Thursday. Get an extra day or two of rest.
Exactly. Makes the tourney final and you could be playing 4 games in a week.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Exactly. Makes the tourney final and you could be playing 4 games in a week.
So crazy. Almost like playing 1-3 exhibition games between your season and the tournament. I just don’t understand the incentive for teams in Tennessee’s position especially after their final 4 games against top 25 teams. I’ve been beating this drum all week and I’m sure people are sick of it, I just think it’s stupid to play your key players in the thing. I’d love to see then trot out Dillione, Carr, Jefferson, Phillips and Estrella and let those guys get the experience. The league would hate it.

Which is so dumb. Very good chance we have 2 losses in front of us between now and the NCAAT. Anyone who freaks out about that is crazy, would probably do us some good to take another loss before the tourney (preferably Friday or Saturday of the SECT lol)

Not a freakout but we're sooooo close to a regular season SEC Championship and have a chance to have our first outright one since 2008. To me that's still a big deal and it just sucks our schedule is so freakin backloaded.

Just me but I really don't care about the SECT. I mean yeah sure I always want to win but we did that 2 years ago and honestly.....it's kind of worthless when you get down to it unless you're a bubble team and a few wins might help push you over. Anyone who freaks out over an SECT loss shouldn't be taken seriously imo.

Any other road warriors headed down to Tuscaloosa this weekend? Feel like we normally travel well down there, would love to grab a pregame beer if so.

Creighton won that game by 19 points. On average they hit 10.5 threes per game. So take away five of those threes and they still beat UConn.
If you want to move the goalposts to both team’s season averages across the board, they lose that game. It’s a fact they shot the lights out and UCONN couldn’t buy a bucket. Pretty easy to see it was a one-off performance.

Reactions: TheMookieMonster
Makes me nervous after watching what they did to UConn .

Every team loses games. Crieghton was uncharacteristically hot, like Texas A&M when they faced us. There are no road games in the NCAAT so Creighton won’t have that working in their favor either.

I’m not saying Creighton is not good, they’d still be a tough game, but there is also a strong chance they lose a 6/11 matchup as well because they are so volatile.

If you want to move the goalposts to both team’s season averages across the board, they lose that game. It’s a fact they shot the lights out and UCONN couldn’t buy a bucket. Pretty easy to see it was a one-off performance.
Not moving goalposts. It’s a fact Creighton averages double digit threes per game. So I would agree more with your most recent statement that UConn more so had an off shooting night than when you initially said Creighton shot lights out.

Yes, they did shoot better than they normally do, but it was more uncommon for UConn to shoot that bad than for Creighton to shoot that well. They’re a good shooting team, it happens a lot.

Last edited:
Not moving goalposts. It’s a fact Creighton averages double digit threes per game. So I would agree more with your most recent statement that UConn more so had an off shooting night, than when you initially said Creighton shot lights out.

Yes, they did shoot better than they normally do, but it was more uncommon for UConn to shoot that bad than for Creighton to shoot that well. They’re a good shooting team, it happens a lot.

If you make it to the 2nd weekend, you are more than likely going to have to face good teams. Can’t bank on upsets, so if we’re going to have to face a 3 or 6 seed, I can think of FAR worse options than Dayton or Creighton.

Reactions: Namorto1
If you make it to the 2nd weekend, you are more than likely going to have to face good teams. Can’t bank on upsets, so if we’re going to have to face a 3 or 6 seed, I can think of FAR worse options than Dayton or Creighton.
Agree on that point, I just think there’s a better draw out there. Not that it’s a bad one, just not the best. I could handle it.

Not moving goalposts. It’s a fact Creighton averages double digit threes per game. So I would agree more with your most recent statement that UConn more so had an off shooting night, than when you initially said Creighton shot lights out.

Creighton shoots 36% from three, as a team, on the season. Once again, you’re cherry picking the 10 threes to act like they’re some juggernaut offensive team. Yes, they’re a good and balanced team, but one we’d likely be at least 5 point favorites over on a neutral court.

Creighton shoots 36% from three, as a team, on the season. Once again, you’re cherry picking the 10 threes to act like they’re some juggernaut offensive team. Yes, they’re a good and balanced team, but one we’d likely be at least 5 point favorites over on a neutral court.
36.4% while shooting 844 threes, the 7th most attempts of any team in the country. You left that part out. That is a good percentage for an average team, and a great percentage for a volume 3pt shooting team. No cherry picking here. They are elite at what they do.

Agree on that point, I just think there’s a better draw out there. Not that it’s a bad one, just not the best. I could handle it.

I just don't see it, personally.

In that same Lunardi bracket, here are the 3 and 6 seeds.

3-Seeds: Kansas, Baylor, Creighton, Alabama
6-Seeds: Dayton, Wisconsin, South Carolina, Saint Mary's

I want no part of Scott Drew and Baylor, we can't technically face Alabama, and Kansas already beat us and has a dominant big man, which is our weakness.

For the 6-seeds, I wouldn't hate any of the options, but we can't face South Carolina due to bracket principles, and Saint Mary's would be less appealing than Dayton. I wouldn't mind a rematch with the Badgers.

All of that being said, feels like a Dayton/Creighton combo would be the best bet.

I just don't see it, personally.

In that same Lunardi bracket, here are the 3 and 6 seeds.

3-Seeds: Kansas, Baylor, Creighton, Alabama
6-Seeds: Dayton, Wisconsin, South Carolina, Saint Mary's

I want no part of Scott Drew and Baylor, we can't technically face Alabama, and Kansas already beat us and has a dominant big man, which is our weakness.

For the 6-seeds, I wouldn't hate any of the options, but we can't face South Carolina due to bracket principles, and Saint Mary's would be less appealing than Dayton. I wouldn't mind a rematch with the Badgers.

All of that being said, feels like a Dayton/Creighton combo would be the best bet.
Well, for that projection I would agree. But as we all know, that projection won’t end up being exactly what the actual bracket is. Lot of basketball left to be played.

VN Store

Back