The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

It’s amazing what a good season and big win will do, never seen many of these folks starting threads even post in this forum before lol
People's faith is starting to exceed their BVS. Everybody better keep some industrial strength cups around because if there's a hiccup it will get ridiculously toxic in here.

I just rewatched the final 12 mins from last night and the Pearl tech was so stupid. They had weathered the storm of Knecht’s huge rally and had it down to 2. We completely regained momentum and pretty much put the game away (never let it back within 2 possessions) after the tech. Just an incredibly dumb, emotional move in a close game. Glad he’s not on our sideline anymore.

Well-said. A one-game hiccup and it all hits the fan.
Which is so dumb. Very good chance we have 2 losses in front of us between now and the NCAAT. Anyone who freaks out about that is crazy, would probably do us some good to take another loss before the tourney (preferably Friday or Saturday of the SECT lol)

I just rewatched the final 12 mins from last night and the Pearl tech was so stupid. They had weathered the storm of Knecht’s huge rally and had it down to 2. We completely regained momentum and pretty much put the game away (never let it back within 2 possessions) after the tech. Just an incredibly dumb, emotional move in a close game. Glad he’s not on our sideline anymore.

It was also stupid because the replay showed JJJ very clearly did not foul him and Bruce acted like the officials missed a F2 intentional foul. At best, JJJ slightly grazed Williams hand, but certainly looked like no contact was made, or at least not hard enough contact to warrant a foul.

Which is so dumb. Very good chance we have 2 losses in front of us between now and the NCAAT. Anyone who freaks out about that is crazy, would probably do us some good to take another loss before the tourney (preferably Friday or Saturday of the SECT lol)
Agree with that. It’s been our experience that winning the SEC tourney has little effect in seeding.

He knew it was likely the easiest look they’d get the rest of the game and they botched it.

Reactions: berryvol

Stuff like that is why I laugh when people want Barnes to start throwing iPads and getting a tech because there's no proof it works. Last night is an example of it costing your team.

Stuff like that is why I laugh when people want Barnes to start throwing iPads and getting a tech because there's no proof it works. Last night is an example of it costing your team.

The handful of times it did work for Bruce programmed some of our fans to believe that acting a fool and getting a tech is a get out of jail free card so to speak to shift momentum when that’s just not the case.

Reactions: Orange.
The handful of times it did work for Bruce programmed some of our fans to believe that acting a fool and getting a tech is a get out of jail free card so to speak to shift momentum when that’s just not the case.
Yeah, it can definitely be a motivating factor if timed right. I’d say Nate Oats is very good with intentionally getting T’d up to spark runs - he did it successfully last night and I've seen it seemingly work to bama’s favor several other times this season. Pearl probably has a decent hit rate as well, but last night just seemed like he truly lost his emotions. Another poster pointed this out, but Broome was visibly upset with Bruce in the immediate wake and even refused to join their huddle afterwards. The wheels just completely came off for them after his tantrum.

Reactions: knoxvol52

VN Store

Back