The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

But he did talk about our HOF coach and mentiond he was nominated. Even made it sound like it would be bs if he didn't get in. It was in the first half. Did you watch the game with no sound on?

I did, and he spent most of it whining about our physicality and crowning Nate Oats. It’s fine for you to like Bilas. Difference of opinion. But, IMO, the dude is a bum.

Can you explain why Philly thinks BJ Edwards is better than Gainey and should still be here? Did you hear him agree with that caller? What’s the fascination with BJEdwards? Is it his 3 ppg for SMU?

Pretty sure Philly is a Knox Catholic homer. Not to mention he was probably grasping at straws to find something he could complain about. Not a Philly call if he can’t sneak in something negative about the way Barnes has done things.

Edit: TGO beat me to it.

Reactions: OrangeInKy
Pretty sure Philly is a Knox Catholic homer. Not to mention he was probably grasping at straws to find something he could complain about. Not a Philly call if he can’t sneak in something negative about the way Barnes has done things.

Edit: TGO beat me to it.
They actually have him helping to host. They are obsessed with that guy. They think he’s a basketball mind. Another caller called in raving about Gainey and said if BJ Edwards had played more last year he’d still be here and Gainey wouldn’t. Said he’s better and should be getting those minutes. Philly agreed with that part. Edwards had 2 points in the same amount of playing time today against an 11-18 basketball team.

Reactions: BisonVol
This. He'll never come off the "BJ Edwards is savior of Tennessee basketball" hill.

It's one of them nay reasons not to take him seriously at all. The clout he seems to carry with the Basilio gang is ridiculous.

Not just Basilio. Fanrun shows seem to love him too. Although Russ and Bear have flushed him from time to time.

They actually have him helping to host. They are obsessed with that guy. They think he’s a basketball mind. Another caller called in raving about Gainey and said if BJ Edwards had played more last year he’d still be here and Gainey wouldn’t. Said he’s better and should be getting those minutes. Philly agreed with that part. Edwards had 2 points in the same amount of playing time today against an 11-18 basketball team.

You’d think Basilio would do a little bit of digging to see what everyone thinks of Phil. Having an imbecile that nobody likes serving as a cohost ain’t the way.

Reactions: OrangeInKy
I did, and he spent most of it whining about our physicality and crowning Nate Oats. It’s fine for you to like Bilas. Difference of opinion. But, IMO, the dude is a bum.
I agree
He gives the Vols nothing but backhanded compliments if you want to call them that. Keeps hyping Arizona, which seems ridiculous too me, and pumped up Sears as POY. DK is dominating scoring in SEC games. Shouldn’t be a close vote.
Spot on that he can’t talk about VOLS with using physicality or ugly! He should’ve been HEAPING praise on a team playing lineups they haven’t used all season and gutting out a great road win. He’s an ACC clown.

He certainly helped create the narrative about us last year in the tournament that no doubt affected the way the FAU game was called.

I can’t say that I watched much tonight. But he definitely has some arrogance regardless if it’s UT or not.
So we lost because of an announcers narrative? This takes over number one for excuses. Move over jet lag and start time.

So we lost because of an announcers narrative? This takes over number one for excuses. Move over jet lag and start time.
Did you sleep through that week of March last year? I guess so. It was a huge narrative.

Did I say that’s why we lost? Still could have won.

But I get it- you have your own agenda and narrative. Facts are facts.

By the way, here’s the evidence:

Also this:

Last edited:
Bilas spent an entire 15 minute segment after the Duke loss last year calling Tennessee a dirty team, that is not exaggeration. How many teams has Bilas called dirty? Not to mention he did nothing but stroke Nate Oats all night and don’t think ever talked about Barnes, the actual Hall of Fame coach that out-coached Oats tonight.
100%

This locks in a 2 seed as floor. Should put us at the last 1 seed

Win the next two and we could challange for the 2nd or 3rd 1- seed.

Some of you guys are great at find stats and metrics. It would be interesting to know how much we score above our opponent’s norm along with how much we hold them below their scoring norm and how that stacks up in the SEC and nationally.

For example, bama averages scoring 91.5 points per game and in our 2 games they scored 71 & 74 for a 72.5 average. 19 points and 21% below their season scoring average.

Defensively, they give up 79.2 and we scored 91 & 81 for a an 86 average. 6.8 points and 8.5% above their season average.

Also, these numbers would be more interesting if the games against weak teams could be removed from the calculations.

Reactions: berryvol

VN Store

Back