The Official #1 Tennessee @ Evansville Knoxville Super Regional Game 2 Thread (Sat. June 8th 11AM EST) (ESPN2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Putting Kirby in after 40 pitches yesterday wasn’t the right move.
Actually believe Kirby got screwed by the ump. His slider before the hit most definitely crossed the plate but where Stark caught it might have missed by a hair. That would have been a K and three outs. We would not have given up any runs that inning. Even Greg Olson, announcer, said he doesn't see how that did not cross the plate. Game changed on that call in my opinion.

Cheering for getting lucky is fine, but their coach is now making an ass of himself.
I am just looking at the score boarding and seeing that we are not outplaying them since the third inning. Its seems that that their team has a lot more life than we do for the last 5 innings. Our team need to take a good shower and come out with a different attitude tomorrow or we will save a lot of travel expenses next week. I wonder how difficult it will be to sell tickets to the College World Series Monday?

200w.gif

I mean he's not wrong.

I am just looking at the score boarding and seeing that we are not outplaying them since the third inning. Its seems that that their team has a lot more life than we do for the last 5 innings. Our team need to take a good shower and come out with a different attitude tomorrow or we will save a lot of travel expenses next week. I wonder how difficult it will be to sell tickets to the College World Series Monday?
No excuse to lose tomorrow. Zero.

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
Are you trying to reverse jinx or something? If not, please stop. Your constant barrage of negative comments is just rubbing salt in the wounds.

I think sometimes you just have to be objective. We really didn't stop them yesterday. What I say, really doesn't have an impact on the game. I have superstitions - I don't change the channel when the Vols are winning, I change the channel when the Vols are losing to help the mojo. I get scared to make negative comments during the game. I have favorite game shirts. In truth, none of those have an impact on the game. I'm just stating their fan base has a reason to believe. It's a one game series. We are going to have to play a complete game because our pitching is not reliable. We can't stay with guys on the mound that look like they may not have the stuff.

If the pitching depths were similar tomorrow could be a long day. They aren't, so I just don't see it happening.
Folks were saying they shot their shot with their best pitching yesterday and we had too much pitching to lose today. Folks said Evansville wouldn't win a game in Knoxville and the Vols would sweep. Methinks folks are whistling past the graveyard. The pressure tomorrow will be off the charts for UT while Evansville is playing with house money and nothing to lose. They'll also be the media and nations darling for the next 24 hours. I'll be curious to see how this team responds. Not sure there are words to describe what a loss tomorrow would bring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back