The Official #1 Tennessee @ Evansville Knoxville Super Regional Game 2 Thread (Sat. June 8th 11AM EST) (ESPN2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just looking at the score boarding and seeing that we are not outplaying them since the third inning. Its seems that that their team has a lot more life than we do for the last 5 innings. Our team need to take a good shower and come out with a different attitude tomorrow or we will save a lot of travel expenses next week. I wonder how difficult it will be to sell tickets to the College World Series Monday?
It won’t be difficult at all, bad games happen. Some of you need to do some research on how many games like this have happened to top seeds and you’ll relax a little.

Actually believe Kirby got screwed by the ump. His slider before the hit most definitely crossed the plate but where Stark caught it might have missed by a hair. That would have been a K and three outs. We would not have given up any runs that inning. Even Greg Olson, announcer, said he doesn't see how that did not cross the plate. Game changed on that call in my opinion.
True. But part of the game. We were benefit of a non stike in past game(s).

I think sometimes you just have to be objective. We really didn't stop them yesterday. What I say, really doesn't have an impact on the game. I have superstitions - I don't change the channel when the Vols are winning, I change the channel when the Vols are losing to help the mojo. I get scared to make negative comments during the game. I have favorite game shirts. In truth, none of those have an impact on the game. I'm just stating their fan base has a reason to believe. It's a one game series. We are going to have to play a complete game because our pitching is not reliable. We can't stay with guys on the mound that look like they may not have the stuff.
That’s fine, but right now I do not give 0 effs how the Evansville fans feel. I care about how we feel.

Actually believe Kirby got screwed by the ump. His slider before the hit most definitely crossed the plate but where Stark caught it might have missed by a hair. That would have been a K and three outs. We would not have given up any runs that inning. Even Greg Olson, announcer, said he doesn't see how that did not cross the plate. Game changed on that call in my opinion.
Agree he should’ve gotten out of the inning on that call. But once that guy got life he fouled off 3-4 in a row and had seen everything Kirby had by then.

The announcers resort to demonizing the Vols….
I still don’t understand why people listen to espn announcers.
Perfectly good Vol Network to be listened to or, at worst, mute the TV. Much healthier alternative.
TV announcers are atrocious, especially ESPN.

Not what I said. We've had every advantage so far and it hasn't mattered yet. The guys need to perform.
So what did you mean? Will our pitching be good enough to hold them to manageable runs for Tennessee to win or not?

200w.gif
I’m just having fun with everyone who is standing on that cliff, staring over the edge.
Give Evansville a tip of the cap and a big hand, but my boy Zander will quiet these bats tomorrow and our big sticks will get it done.
Keep those reservations to the holiday inn Omaha...we comin!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back