The Official #1 Tennessee @ Evansville Knoxville Super Regional Game 2 Thread (Sat. June 8th 11AM EST) (ESPN2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beam was good, but our bullpen was tight and not themselves. Who do they pitch tomorrow? Hopefully Seachrist doesn't let this stress get to him.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Earlier I posted the rule about coaches entering the field of play to challenge a call. It says the coach can't go beyond the foul line closest to their dugout. Anyone know why their coach wasn't ejected when he was challenging the home run?

Crowd here has been bad. I’m at the game. I can’t blame the crowd for anything after we started getting shelled, but after those 3 solo shots people in the stadium thought we had the game won and sat on their hands for the next 3 innings until Beam started to struggle.
The fans show up, but many are just there to socialize

Glad we showed some fight but we let them do too much damage and those last 2 at bats were not very good.

Have to play a complete game tomorrow. None of this BS tomorrow.

The fact there were signs of life at the end with a chance to come back doesn't leave the same bad taste as the beatdown it was looking like in the middle innings.

Don't get me wrong, it was still very discouraging. I am not as confident as I was going into today. They looked like an all star team against our pitching. I think we have a solid starter tomorrow, but we need to figure out when it's time to pull pitchers. Beam stayed in too long.

Ya know, like when you are a kid…you and a friend go to the pool and ya go under water to see who can hold your breath the longest?

That’s how that game felt. Enough blame to go around in this one but as this thread shows, we’re here for it!!!! Not outcome, but that was fun!!! See ya tomorrow!!!

Not sure the guys we faced today were considered elite. Outside of Harris, the guys we faced had era's of 6.15, 5.68, 6.32 and 12.93 and that's not SEC competition Evansville face most of the year.

You would also have to suspect after they got the big lead, they saved their remaining arms. Harris pitched yesterday.

Not sure the guys we faced today were considered elite. Outside of Harris, the guys we faced had era's of 6.15, 5.68, 6.32 and 12.93 and that's not SEC competition Evansville face most of the year.
weather in the Midwest has been garbage all Spring though - rough on pitchers

Ya know, like when you are a kid…you and a friend go to the pool and ya go under water to see who can hold your breath the longest?

That’s how that game felt. Enough blame to go around in this one but as this thread shows, we’re here for it!!!! Not outcome, but that was fun!!! See ya tomorrow!!!
Wasn't fun .... too much drama ... yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back