The Official #1 Tennessee @ Evansville Knoxville Super Regional Game 2 Thread (Sat. June 8th 11AM EST) (ESPN2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leaving runners on base has been a problem. Evansville isn’t looking back. They tasted success today. Momentum is on their side.

Reactions: CAVPUT
No one really ever remembers who come in 2nd but the fans of that team.

Who came in 2nd last year in the CWS? I'm embarrassed to say if it was us then it proves my point.
Nobody cares that in ‘22 we were by far the best team on paper and it was questionable if Ole Miss even should’ve been in the tournament.

All anyone remembers is they got the trophy

Reactions: BreatheUT
I hope we play loose tomorrow, but all the pressure is about to be on us just like 2022 and that terrifies me.
At the risk of compromising my rep, we have had terrible games to open a series only to storm back and win them. Difference being the magnitude of the situation. Tomorrow will tell us a great deal about the make up of this team. This isn't the finale of the CWS against a great team. This is a super...at home...against Evansville....Evansville! Everyone was rejoicing and saying we had a clear path to Omaha when they took out ECU and Wake flopped. Evansville begged to differ. Now they've got a chance to do the unthinkable. Will UT hold up under the enormous pressure tomorrow or will they join so many other UT teams to disappoint when in the spotlight?

And yet Beam wasn't that bad compared to the rest. Seems like they were all so tight except that kid that came in the bottom of the 8th.

So true yet so sad. I think Kirby maybe should've finished the inning but if he stayed in and gave up more runs then I would've complained even though our next guy did.

I think CMo went to the plate with a "gotta be a hero" mentality. I was just hoping for a bloop single. Maybe score a run, maybe not, but get Blake to the plate. You don't always have to have the big hit. I think that's something that has really clicked for Blake this season. Just put the ball in play.

Crowd here has been bad. I’m at the game. I can’t blame the crowd for anything after we started getting shelled, but after those 3 solo shots people in the stadium thought we had the game won and sat on their hands for the next 3 innings until Beam started to struggle.
People who have tickets need to stay fired up the whole game-- Don't let up. This is our season and it does seem to rattle them.

Reactions: vol66
I would trade 100 SEC all sports trophies for one natty in football, basketball, or baseball.

Anyone who says they wouldn’t is lying
Its the end result and who’s left standing on last day of season.

The only exception for me would be a team that overachieved and won a conf title.

Like me. Stupid idea to use that channel. Rather it be on SECN+.
There are ways for Windows based laptops to see ESPNU on pirated streams, but it's a guaranteed virus that's usually a keystroke logger that takes time and some knowledge to get rid of and then after that, all passwords need to be changed and new BIOS installed or cleaned and most people can't do that and can't be guided to do that.

The amount of hacking that goes on the internet right now is very high and happens with bots lurking 24/7 to take advantage of non-technical people.

We pay for soooo many channels we don't watch on TV and shouldn't have to deal with any of this, yet, here we are. smh

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
Leaving runners on base has been a problem. Evansville isn’t looking back. They tasted success today. Momentum is on their side.
I don't believe in momentum when it comes to baseball. Pitching is too significant of a variable from one game to the next ..... but Tennessee looked like crap today. No doubt about that.

Yep, and sure looks like it.
You're right, you should coach and develop our pitchers now. Let's see if you can keep us in top 5 ERA every season like we've done the last 5 seasons. One loss chump attitude. That's why it's a 3 game series and we've won 9 straight series going into this tourney. But continue to talk about the games we lost because of pitching lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back