The Official #1 Tennessee @ Evansville Knoxville Super Regional Game 2 Thread (Sat. June 8th 11AM EST) (ESPN2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found it inspiring. Could have just rolled over in the 9th and carried that mess into tomorrow, but showed that Volunteer spirit we all love.
This team is one of the most patient when it comes to hitting and why our offense is so potent. I know some will disagree, but I thought the coaching was good this game, but clearly, TV instructed the team to take the walks and they did.

That's discipline and it's impressive tbh.

Now I have spoken about that before….every legit Sec school wins national titles…at some point we need them in multiple sports…Florida just won track and field…every school in Sec except maybe Missouri keeps winning things…we need titles…only being good is simply not good enough…this is entire sports though…not baseball related
I would trade 100 SEC all sports trophies for one natty in football, basketball, or baseball.

Anyone who says they wouldn’t is lying

The fact there were signs of life at the end with a chance to come back doesn't leave the same bad taste as the beatdown it was looking like in the middle innings.

Don't get me wrong, it was still very discouraging. I am not as confident as I was going into today. They looked like an all star team against our pitching. I think we have a solid starter tomorrow, but we need to figure out when it's time to pull pitchers. Beam stayed in too long.
And yet Beam wasn't that bad compared to the rest. Seems like they were all so tight except that kid that came in the bottom of the 8th.

Any guesses on who’s Evansville start tomorrow the 2 guys I thought could was Smith and Harris? Obviously both could probably come in for a inning or two but besides that

I would trade 100 SEC all sports trophies for one natty in football, basketball, or baseball.

Anyone who says they wouldn’t is lying

No one really ever remembers who come in 2nd but the fans of that team.

Who came in 2nd last year in the CWS? I'm embarrassed to say if it was us then it proves my point.

Crowd here has been bad. I’m at the game. I can’t blame the crowd for anything after we started getting shelled, but after those 3 solo shots people in the stadium thought we had the game won and sat on their hands for the next 3 innings until Beam started to struggle.
The new LNS is physically better in any way but it doesn’t have the soul of the old one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back